Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oakland Co, MI show trial

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    And now the parents are on the lam. All the media will love this, Following Bonnie and Clyde in Michigan, breathlessly as you say.

Maybe the parents are just on the down low for a moment while they gather their resources and get a really good attorney.
    Or worried their neighbors are going to lynch them.

Gracious, I am glad I did not move to Michigan ~4 years ago when that seemed a possibility.

It’s all so painfully sad. We have at last count 80 schools shut due to threats and fears.

As Ldahl mentioned it seems like the parents were negligent. If I have learned anything recently it’s that we rarely know all the relevant facts this early.

With the public so outraged, the DA must have been under a lot of pressure to throw out as many severe charges as possible. Even terrorism, which must be pretty broadly defined in Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    With the public so outraged, the DA must have been under a lot of pressure to throw out as many severe charges as possible. Even terrorism, which must be pretty broadly defined in Michigan.
    I listened to her press conference and I didn’t hear the charge of terrorism. Hmm, did I miss that? Will review.

But I suppose if the black dude in Waskesha is going to be charged with terrorism, the white high school dude in Michigan gets his equal and fair treatment, or something like that.

Speaking of, as Rich and Charlie and the gang pointed out this week, where is that Waukesha story now anyway? I am sorry that’s your territory. It doesn’t seem to be a concern of main stream media anymore because it did not fit their narrative.

edited to make sense,
    Waukesha not Kenosha

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I listened to her press conference and I didn’t hear the charge of terrorism. Hmm, did I miss that? Will review.

But I suppose if the black dude in Kenosha is going to be charged with terrorism, the white dude in Michigan gets his equal and fair treatment, or something like that.

Speaking of, as Rich and Charlie and the gang pointed out this week, where is that Kenosha story now anyway? I am sorry that’s your territory. It doesn’t seem to be a concern of main stream media anymore because it did not fit their narrative.
    The parade attack was Waukesha, and the Rittenhouse thing was Kenosha. Not a great year for eastern Wisconsin.

I do agree with you and Charlie about a certain degree of selectivity in which cases the media chooses to highlight. The favored narratives are white guys (preferably cops) killing (or at least maiming) black guys, white kids shooting up high schools or any situation that can be twisted, spun or kneaded into white supremacy if you squint and look at it from just the right angle. The much more common and rising numbers of black people killing black people and white people killing white people at the retail level are of little interest.

Even a guy plowing through streets full of old ladies and little kids will be forgotten fairly soon. While sufficiently lurid, the facts of the case can’t be marshaled into a social justice or anti-gun story.

I see today that Darrell Brooks was found guilty of all 76 charges leveled against him related to his driving through the Waukesha Christmas parade, including six charges of intentional homicide. He had elected to defend himself, employing a series of unhinged courtroom antics.

At the time of the crime, he was out on $1,000 bond for charges related to attacking an ex-girlfriend with an SUV. Between that and the Kenosha rioting, this year’s WI election included a pronounced law and order tint.

Also ron johnson sending false electors, his stance on abortion (under NO conditions) telling woman they could leave the state if they didn’t like it. Law and order…by republicans is a joke.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tions-scandals

When his opponent is seen in political ads saying reducing the prison population is sexy, people tend to make invidious comparisons.

When johnson is seen saying the rioters of January 6th are “peaceful protesters” .. the notion of law and order by republicans is shown to be a lie. His promotion of false electors should have put him in prison for treason, as well.

The ad you are referring to above was propaganda by Putin. It is no surprise you would reference it. Also the attack ads darken the skin of his opponent…. now you tell me why republicans would do that?

Thread Information