Thread: Diamond Painting/Art

Diamond Painting/Art

Anybody else into this “new” craft?
    I’ve been resisting, but a good friend custom ordered a picture of my great grandson for me to do…
    I’m in the middle of making 2 quilts for Christmas gifts…
    and I’m getting hooked on this time intensive new craft.

Personal opinion: Just a new thing to suck up time and very much like paint by the numbers. My suggestion is to stick to one or two of your favorite crafts and enjoy learning all about them. When you get to be my age, you wonder why there are so many unfinished things around and they are usually new "crafts" that dont amount to much.

Those vendors can come up with so many ways to get our money and really return little.

I had not heard of this and had to look it up. I like the abstract pieces but I’m not much for representational art, especially homemade. The colors and textures are wonderful in the abstract pieces! I could see how it would be meditative, Like those coloring Mandelas that were popular a couple of years ago.

Is this sometimes called "Diamond Dots"? I have a couple of siblings that enjoy it. They say it is just sitting and concentrating on the pattern/creating is very relaxing. I've never tried it and would like to do a very small one... just to see if I would like it or not.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

mschrisgo2:
    "Getting Hooked" says a lot. Make yours to your heart's content, and keep on making it better!

I've seen it and I know a few people who've done it and enjoyed it. Not my thing, but if you like it, go for it! I can see where it would be very calming.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information