Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Whiney Whine

Jeppy: In the Berkshires, Ashintully Gardens is all outdoors and free, and Berkshire Botanical Gardens is all outdoors, and I believe it is free on Tuesdays.

Thanks RR, but due to my green challenge I am now vacationing closer to home than the Berkshires. My radius includes parts of Massachusetts as well as southern New Hampshire, where they have a nice live free or die philosophy many places.

Private businesses should absolutely have the right to turn me away if I don't wear a mask, and they will not get my business. And when the economy goes into a recession all these nice extras like historic houses will be in trouble and I will not feel one bit sorry.

I think you are in the north central part of MA? These are a couple of places I have bookmarked that might be within your range.
    https://forestsociety.org/property/madame-sherri-forest
    https://www.nps.gov/places/dana-common.htm

Thanks Rosa. Those look interesting.

Despite covid cases rising my Board of Health is not even meeting this month. They may have learned their lesson. I have put in for a vacation next month as I do not think I will need my days for a hunger strike.

I found two doctors in the county east of me, affiliated with a different hospital system, accepting my insurance and new patients and emailed through the portal to see if they will take me as a patient maskfree. So no postage costs this time. Have not tried anyone in NH yet.

The City Council will be voting on the budget soon and I plan to attend and ask them to defund the Board of Health. It would save us close to a million dollars. This does not include trash pickup, which is a separate line item in the budget for $2 million+ more.

Yppej, I thought of you last week. Third time visiting this new doctor in Maine. She has never allowed me to take my mask off. I told my husband, I could have no lower jaw for all she knows. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Yppej, I thought of you last week. Third time visiting this new doctor in Maine. She has never allowed me to take my mask off. I told my husband, I could have no lower jaw for all she knows. . .
    Then she all need to come to see my physician in Missouri. Her staff of 3 who sat in the exam room with me whipped off their masks after asking me if it was OK with me if they did so. The second time I went no one in there was wearing a mask and there was not even a conversation about it.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Then she all need to come to see my physician in Missouri. Her staff of 3 who sat in the exam room with me whipped off their masks after asking me if it was OK with me if they did so. The second time I went no one in there was wearing a mask and there was not even a conversation about it.
    If the price of gas were lower I might consider it. At one time I was trying to get in with an eye doctor in West Virginia but then after responding initially they ghosted me.

Our main system is down at work today and I have lots of time so I figured this was a sign from God that I should spend some more time working on finding a doctor. I located 4 doctors in New Hampshire within a half hour to 45 minutes of my home who take my insurance and are accepting new patients. I am writing letters to them to see if they will take me as a maskfree patient. I told them if they accept me I will be grateful and even if Massachusetts later lifts its mask mandate for health care settings I will stick with them.

Thread Information