Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Whiney Whine

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    Some good points here. We seem to accept things we grew up with as "normal" without giving any thought to them. If we looked at many of our cultural events and traditions through a different lens, perhaps we'd be less quick to deride OTHER people's events/traditions. Ex: does it GET any creepier and more groomer-esque than Santa Claus? Old man wants kids to sit on his lap for candy while promising them all sorts of goodies they likely won't get? Personally, I prefer Drag Queen Story Hour! YMMV
    Then there's the whole beauty pageant culture....

Then there's the whole beauty pageant culture....
    Especially those for children, in which little girls are dressed up as adults with hose, heels, and makeup - mini Barbie dolls- sexualized to he!! and back. I have NEVER understood those things. But yeah, teachers are "groomers".

"We are all trained to be female impersonators"--Gloria Steinem

Filed ethics complaints against the chair of the Board of Health. He received $1 million to have a pharmacy chain administer vaccines under his medical license, easy $ as he never sees any of these patients. Then he mandated vaccines for people in the city, benefiting himself financially as many went for their shots to this, the largest chain in the area. (Including me for my second shot -ugh!) I got this information from a nurse whistleblower who approached me. I verified it with the pharmacy chain before complaining. Could not get any media interested. Media is pretty pathetic these days and with the demise of smaller newspapers we'll probably never get back what we lost.

Someone robbed one of our sister stores. Although there is surveillance video the police cannot catch him because he was wearing a mask.

It used to be masks could be banned in places like banks - no more.

The stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Someone robbed one of our sister stores. Although there is surveillance video the police cannot catch him because he was wearing a mask.

It used to be masks could be banned in places like banks - no more.

The stupidity!
    Please try to tell me the perps around here do not enjoy the wearing’ o’ the masks throughout their day and night. If you tell me that, I will not believe you. I mean this not only for jeppy but for anybody. The mask is very handy for them and their thieving, law breaking ways.

I wonder why robbers didn't think of wearing masks before covid?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I wonder why robbers didn't think of wearing masks before covid?
    Of course they did, but it was obvious something was amiss when we saw people walking around in masks.

Now it is just normal, and handy, face-hiding equipment that will not raise suspicion. Win-wi —-for the criminal!

In-depth information across all business types doesn’t seem to be readily available but banks don’t seem to have been targeted by robbers looking to take advantage of covid masks. The FBI crime stats show 2,440 bank robberies in 2019 and only 1,788 in 2020, continuing a several years’ long trend of decreasing bank robberies.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    In-depth information across all business types doesn’t seem to be readily available but banks don’t seem to have been targeted by robbers looking to take advantage of covid masks. The FBI crime stats show 2,440 bank robberies in 2019 and only 1,788 in 2020, continuing a several years’ long trend of decreasing bank robberies.
    Oh stop, stop with the real-world data!

Thread Information