Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Whiney Whine

I have told my story before but after my mom died at 89 the kids found out she had been married two times before Dad. Wow and she never said anything no matter what comments we made about marriage. She and my Dad were married 61 years.

My husband has found several "interesing" items in his genealogy research.

Apparently, for some people, the third time is indeed the charm. Allen Ludden was Betty White's third husband.

I am working with others on getting testing and vaccination requirements in the public schools removed with some success. Additionally I am lobbying the nearest state university to lift their mask mandate. And I am contacting private companies I do business with asking them to lift mask mandates for their employees.

Quite a few people are thanking me for my efforts, which have garnered me some press attention as well.

For a few years I felt I had the time and energy to do something and prayed to God to show me my purpose. Prayers answered!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

For a few years I felt I had the time and energy to do something and prayed to God to show me my purpose. Prayers answered!
    That reminds me of my favorite bible verse. ‘For it is better that many additional people should die of a terrible disease than that one should be made to don a small piece of cloth.’ Stupidicies. 2:10.

JP, I love your biblical quote).

Mad applause from the cheap seats, jp1.

My library is looking for a director so I am going to go to Trustees of Libraries meetings and advocate that they hire someone who is welcoming to all, masked or unmasked. I also plan to discuss a book each time as that may be a way to reach their hearts. My first choice is one about Ebola - you know, a real pandemic, not a respiratory virus that's a little more virulent than the regular flu.

My first choice is one about Ebola - you know, a real pandemic, not a respiratory virus that's a little more virulent than the regular flu.
    You are either remarkably uninformed, or deliberately being an edgelord.

My library is looking for a director so I am going to go to Trustees of Libraries meetings and advocate that they hire someone who is welcoming to all, masked or unmasked. I also plan to discuss a book each time as that may be a way to reach their hearts. My first choice is one about Ebola - you know, a real pandemic, not a respiratory virus that's a little more virulent than the regular flu.
    Please do not take up board time by “ discussing a book.” They may listen politely with smiles plastered on their faces, but i guarantee you it will dilute your main message. Be succint in your message Then get off the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Please do not take up board time by “ discussing a book.” They may listen politely with smiles plastered on their faces, but i guarantee you it will dilute your main message. Be succint in your message Then get off the stage.
    Having served on such boards for ages now, I can assure you that the boards quickly identify the hobby-horse-riding nutcases, and pretty much ignore them thereafter, while smiling and nodding. (Unless they have to have the nutcase physically removed from the premises, which has happened before...)

Thread Information