Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 585

Thread: Whiney Whine

  1. #361
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,536
    I have told my story before but after my mom died at 89 the kids found out she had been married two times before Dad. Wow and she never said anything no matter what comments we made about marriage. She and my Dad were married 61 years.

    My husband has found several "interesing" items in his genealogy research.

  2. #362
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,568
    Apparently, for some people, the third time is indeed the charm. Allen Ludden was Betty White's third husband.

  3. #363
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,273
    I am working with others on getting testing and vaccination requirements in the public schools removed with some success. Additionally I am lobbying the nearest state university to lift their mask mandate. And I am contacting private companies I do business with asking them to lift mask mandates for their employees.

    Quite a few people are thanking me for my efforts, which have garnered me some press attention as well.

    For a few years I felt I had the time and energy to do something and prayed to God to show me my purpose. Prayers answered!

  4. #364
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

    For a few years I felt I had the time and energy to do something and prayed to God to show me my purpose. Prayers answered!
    That reminds me of my favorite bible verse. ‘For it is better that many additional people should die of a terrible disease than that one should be made to don a small piece of cloth.’ Stupidicies. 2:10.

  5. #365
    Senior Member Teacher Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    12,390
    JP, I love your biblical quote).

  6. #366
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,568
    Mad applause from the cheap seats, jp1.

  7. #367
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,273
    My library is looking for a director so I am going to go to Trustees of Libraries meetings and advocate that they hire someone who is welcoming to all, masked or unmasked. I also plan to discuss a book each time as that may be a way to reach their hearts. My first choice is one about Ebola - you know, a real pandemic, not a respiratory virus that's a little more virulent than the regular flu.

  8. #368
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    My first choice is one about Ebola - you know, a real pandemic, not a respiratory virus that's a little more virulent than the regular flu.
    You are either remarkably uninformed, or deliberately being an edgelord.

  9. #369
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    22,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    My library is looking for a director so I am going to go to Trustees of Libraries meetings and advocate that they hire someone who is welcoming to all, masked or unmasked. I also plan to discuss a book each time as that may be a way to reach their hearts. My first choice is one about Ebola - you know, a real pandemic, not a respiratory virus that's a little more virulent than the regular flu.
    Please do not take up board time by “ discussing a book.” They may listen politely with smiles plastered on their faces, but i guarantee you it will dilute your main message. Be succint in your message Then get off the stage.

  10. #370
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Please do not take up board time by “ discussing a book.” They may listen politely with smiles plastered on their faces, but i guarantee you it will dilute your main message. Be succint in your message Then get off the stage.
    Having served on such boards for ages now, I can assure you that the boards quickly identify the hobby-horse-riding nutcases, and pretty much ignore them thereafter, while smiling and nodding. (Unless they have to have the nutcase physically removed from the premises, which has happened before...)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •