Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden’s Hanukkah Miracle

Joe Biden’s Hanukkah Miracle

I see that at the lighting of the White House menorah, the President related the story of how he liaised between Egypt and Golda Meir prior to the Six Day War. This was all the more impressive in that he was in law school at the time and she was not yet Prime Minister.

I haven’t been this inspired since he told us about how President Roosevelt went on television to calm the nation after the 1929 Stock Market Crash.

Bless his heart, I think he's given up purposely lying and now sincerely believes the falsehoods he tells.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I have a good friend who was sitting in an Israeli tank, greatly outnumbered by the opposing tanks, when that war got hot. He has some truly hair-raising tales.

He's a bit miffed at Biden's timeline, as it does not remotely match his own recollection.

Wait. The president isn’t supposed to lie? I thought the last guy established that daily lies are acceptable. Joe’s actually got a lot of catching up to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Wait. The president isn’t supposed to lie? I thought the last guy established that daily lies are acceptable. Joe’s actually got a lot of catching up to do.
    Whataboutism is rather dull and you continue to play that card. We’re talking about the current guy in the White House right now.

Why don’t you start a permanent thread about Donald J Trump? That might help you get over your… Obsession. Or not, but at least it won’t interfere with other discussion.

Swapping this story with any particular reporter? Brian Williams for example?

I don’t know about that. Joe’s been prevaricating for an awfully long time. Certainly before anyone heard of his predecessor. From degrees he doesn’t have to street gangs he didn’t face down to getting arrested in South Africa to home runs he didn’t hit to his adventures behind the wheel of a big rig. Add to that the academic papers and speeches he plagiarized, and you have a damned impressive record of estrangement from the truth. If there were a Nobel Prize for BS (and I’ll grant you the Peace Prize comes close), surely he would have earned his by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Swapping this story with any particular reporter? Brian Williams for example?
    Is he the guy that got canned for lying about getting shot down in Iraq? Wound up getting banished to MSNBC, and never heard from again?

In politics there could be differences in lying from poor memory, lyiing and knowing the truth, and not believing the truth.

I don't know about Joe, but I think there would be an advange if he would announce he wouldn't be running in the next election. Something that would not be constructive if announced to early. He's just getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Bless his heart, I think he's given up purposely lying and now sincerely believes the falsehoods he tells.
    I wonder if he's really thinking about the Yom Kippur War and being confused? The timeline of who-was-in-office fits that a lot better, as Golda Meir was PM then, and Biden was a junior Senator who had been in office 9 months...

Hmmmph.

Thread Information