Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoked pork chops

Smoked pork chops

Alan probably is a good one to answer this question?? Just bought thin cut smoked pork chops. Wondering if pan frying is the best way to reheat?

In my experience, pork chops tend to dry out a little more than I'd like when reheated in a frying pan, especially thin ones. I'd put them in an oven safe covered dish along with a couple tablespoons of liquid, maybe chicken broth or some other savory liquid, and stick them in a 350* oven for about 15 minutes. They should come out moist and tender without losing any of the smoke flavor.

But, if you don't mind dry chops, pan frying for a few minutes would be fine.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks Alan! I definitely will make them the way you suggest. After all, you are THE SMOKE MASTER.

If these are good I may have to invest in a smoker??

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Thanks Alan! I definitely will make them the way you suggest. After all, you are THE SMOKE MASTER.
    Well, I don't know about that, but I try!!

If these are good I may have to invest in a smoker??

Once you go smoked you'll never go back.

After I started smoking meat I gave our gas grill to our daughter and haven't missed it. Although I must admit I'm now a fan of flat top gas griddles. We bought a small one to take with us on our wander abouts and liked it so much we've added a bigger one to our home outdoor cooking repertoire.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I put down a layer of sliced apples in a pan I can cover, put the pork chops atop that, then another layer of apples. Sometimes some onions sliced, along with the apples. Then sort of steam/poach the smoked chop.

Depending on the chop size/appearance, I may sear it briefly on both sides in the pan first, then assemble the apple/onion layers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Although I must admit I'm now a fan of flat top gas griddles.
    I replaced the grates on my Weber gas grill with grates from:

https://www.grillgrate.com/

I have it configured with half the grill as a flat griddle surface, and half as traditional grate. I find I use the flat surface about 90% of the time.

I'm quite happy with the results compared to the lame results the modern Webers produce.

Made the chops today as instructed. They were tender and moist but they were not tasty. Wouldn’t not get them again (at least not from that meat shop). Bought a few other things there. Hopefully they are better??

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I replaced the grates on my Weber gas grill with grates from:

https://www.grillgrate.com/

I have it configured with half the grill as a flat griddle surface, and half as traditional grate. I find I use the flat surface about 90% of the time.
    Ha, if I'd thought of that I'd still have my old grill. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Ha, if I'd thought of that I'd still have my old grill. Brilliant!
    My old Weber grill worked like a champ. I also purchased it in 1985. After generations of rebuilding, it no longer was reparable. The "seemingly identical" Weber I replaced it with was terrible by comparison. These replacement grates fixed the issues nicely, plus added the griddle surface. I'm reasonably pleased with the result.

I'm currently practicing my hibachi skills on this: My right handed spatula skills are pretty good but I'm still working on the left hand one.

Thread Information