Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoked pork chops

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I replaced the grates on my Weber gas grill with grates from:

https://www.grillgrate.com/

I have it configured with half the grill as a flat griddle surface, and half as traditional grate. I find I use the flat surface about 90% of the time.

I'm quite happy with the results compared to the lame results the modern Webers produce.

Making me want to try those. I remember a late neighbor, always had half of his charcoal Weber, covered in aluminum foil. I seem to remember he would sometimes use a partial (cut down) cookie sheet on top of it, as a griddle.

Thank you for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm currently practicing my hibachi skills on this: My right handed spatula skills are pretty good but I'm still working on the left hand one.
    Happy with Blackstone? I want to buy a hibachi but couldn't decide which brand..

I like those grates so much I might have to buy a new Weber grill. I was thinking if we had power loss, we could cook pancakes on that surface, with the grill in the yard. We are pretty much vegetarians now because of husband's alpha gal protein allergy, but that surface is intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I like those grates so much I might have to buy a new Weber grill. I was thinking if we had power loss, we could cook pancakes on that surface, with the grill in the yard. We are pretty much vegetarians now because of husband's alpha gal protein allergy, but that surface is intriguing.
    The Weber is integral to my power-out planning, I sometimes lose power here for days still, and several times in the past 20 years it has been a week+ outage. In the event of the Cascadia Fault earthquake, it might be months.

I used a Weber to cook *everything* for about 2 months when renovating my old house in California, the kitchen was out of commission entirely. Very versatile device with a little thought.

That's really intriguing. I am going to talk to my husband about setting us up for a grill for just this purpose.

Thread Information