Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: People freaking I知 going to be off for 10 days

I live in Indy and suffer thru trying to figure out how to get where with all the construction. The trucks having to go around on I465 lead to lots of slowdowns. When we went to Asheville this summer, the traffic and construction was so bad we decided to reroute our entire trip back which ended up being a good idea.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Tradd, though we often don't agree on various issues - you have always come across as a dedicated, hard working person. Life is short, no? On September 26th when I witnessed a close friend's ashes being spread in a canyon outside of Tucson, it really struck me how short our time here is.

Please put yourself first and take your well earned vacation. Doing so is not being selfish - doing so is akin to making it clear that you have boundaries and that you care about yourself. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    And I just scrolled up and read that you indeed did take your vacation and that you were in Nashville as you posted.

Good for you! Have a great time and don't let your job live rent free in.your head. Rob

Went back to work today. It was much better than I expected. There were a few things left for me that only I could answer, but they were handled quickly. Lot of emails to go through and sort/delete, but I was able to delete a lot of it and coworker handled everything while I was gone. Turned only a few files back over to me, mostly stuff that had gotten delayed even later than expected. Didn’t hear from anyone while I was gone. Lot of customers still on vacation.

Drive home was crazy due to snow I hit about several hours from home. Roads were a bit slick in IN. Only saw one plow until I hit the IL border. Then I soon saw three plow trucks staggered across all the lanes. Roads were they just wet the rest of the way home. Dealing with laundry and unpacking tonight. Work tomorrow then off Friday.

Glad to hear that you got home safely. And that work wasn't too crazy. And that your trip was a lot of fun (and that you didn't die like all those other divers...)

You're lucky you didn't have to deal with the snow in the Sierra. This afternoon I talked to one of the insurance brokers I work with regularly. He has a house up in Tahoe where he has spent most of covid (his primary house is in the east bay). His sister went up from the east bay for Christmas. She's a nurse so working remote isn't an option. She'd planned to go home sunday but that didn't happen. Monday that didn't happen again. Tuesday she finally left, early in the morning, because she had to be at work Wednesday and the two lane Highway 50 from South Lake Tahoe to Sacramento was "open". 18 hours later she was finally home. (for what is a 4 hour trip in regular conditions with normal traffic delays.)

Yikes! We have a winter storm watch for 4”-8”’on Saturday. Let my WI friends still in FL know about it so they could watch the weather for their drive home.

Lake Tahoe got snow again yesterday and it snowed in the valley most of the day. December hit a new record of 194” of snow in December at Tahoe.

Banned
    Thanks for this information!

I was off two weeks over Christmas. That ended up turning into 3 weeks due to snow and cat issues at home. I seriously paid the price when I got back. Person who was supposed to be doing my work stopped after the first day or two I was off. It took me 3 days of processing evidence for 8 hours straight to finally get caught up.

Thread Information