Thread: Alllllllll Aboard the Crazy Train

Alllllllll Aboard the Crazy Train

Hope this is the right spot... This could go in several spots

The last three days here my little bass ackward county in SW Wa, There has been three huge events.
    One: a very nice restaurant that was recently featured on the DDD just got her liquor license revoked and her booze confiscated due to not following the rules. I feel bad for her employees, but rules are rules. Alot of false outrage on the local FB pages. She set herself up to fail.

Two: Same day There is an old huge building that is considered a "landmark". It's been a dump and an eyesore for over 30 years. It was built on a flood plain. It has changed hands many times with bunch of deferred maintenance to the point it's now a huge public safety issue. The city has told the owners that the top floor is unstable and needs to be vacated. It's been used for public storage rental units. The rest of the place has all kind of businesses on the main ground floor. It needs to be repaired and up to code. None of this is a surprise that this was going to happen. Again, a lot of irrational conspiracy theories and false outrage (Fact: It's an old building that is falling apart and is on a flood plain... no conspiracy there, just cause and effect)

Three: This morning, someone planted a bomb at a bank where the drive through ATM is and blew it up. So, FBI, ATF, and all manner of law enforcement is on the scene.

This is all in a two mile radius.

Dang.

Craziness in action.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    You mention a County in SW Washington. Is it south of Puget Sound, just curious? Kelso, Longview, that area? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    You mention a County in SW Washington. Is it south of Puget Sound, just curious? Kelso, Longview, that area? Rob
    Centralia / Chehalis. Lewis County. Longview/ Kelso is Cowlitz County.

Hoping no one was hurt by the bomb.

Wow! Will have to look at the paper today and see if there's a story. We only get online on Mondays.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Well, it's a full moon, so there is that.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    Well, it's a full moon, so there is that.
    There is. I used to work in an emergency room. We saw the weirdest stuff during full moons....
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    There is. I used to work in an emergency room. We saw the weirdest stuff during full moons....
    Do tell! Was it werewolves? I bet it was werewolves.
    Earn more, spend less, invest the rest.
    www.letsretireyoung.com

Thread Information