Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Challenge

Yppej
    Very ambitious Rosa. Yes, you can port your mom's number to a new carrier.

I walked three times last week; will try again for four this week. Should finish December under budget barring an unforeseen catastrophe.

I took care of scheduling/rescheduling the appointments yesterday. That is something I really dislike doing for some reason, so I'm glad to be done with it.

Yppej
    I walked four times this week and am doing okay budget wise. The Board of Health meeting was cancelled so I didn't have a chance to present my latest petition to repeal the mask mandate. All three of the MWRA wastewater trackers show covid levels have peaked and started a very slight decline. Since these are leading indicators I think we are past the worst of omicron, though lagging indicators like hospitalizations may not show that for a while. But maybe by the time of the next meeting the Board will be willing to acknowledge the change.

That's good on the walking, Jeppy. It's one of my favorite things to do, but I know it's harder to fit in when you're working full time.
    I took care of the pension form notarization, I've made a dent on the file culling/shredding, and I cleaned out two kitchen cabinets at Mom's house, coming away with another good-sized box of items to donate.
    DH does have Alexa up and running, although I would say we are still exploring the potential. So far, Mom is loving the music, but it is more a matter of us giving Alexa the commands on Mom's behalf. I think she's still a little bit afraid of breaking it or something.

When I worked I would eat lunch at my desk while working and then take my walk on my lunch break. I realize not everyone can do this. I would then also walk after work before dinner.

Terry: I did the same on my lunch break the last few years of work. Prior to that, I would usually do some "recreational shopping" at lunch time. I finally realized that I really just needed to get out and have some type of destination, and it turned out that walks in the Boston Public Garden were infinitely more satisfying, more frugal, and did not produce clutter in my home!

Yarn inventory updated and I made a spreadsheet that I can access on my laptop and phone so I can find the right yarn instead of tearing apart the apartment.

Took a box of books to the library, seeing the end of the tunnel on the great book cull project.

Next up is evaluating my work clothing. Corporate decided not to renew the building lease so everyone is 100% remote as of June 30. Being a newbie that never set foot in the building it didn't affect me. Now I'll only appear from the waist up on camera so I think it's time

Hana: So you can get rid of all your pants now, lol.

File culling and shredding is done, and the radiator with the water hammers has been fixed. Hopefully it will be nice and quiet while we sleep tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    and the radiator with the water hammers has been fixed. Hopefully it will be nice and quiet while we sleep tonight!
    OMG. 15 years of living in old tenement buildings in NYC with steam heat has me completely sympathetic. I would probably have a PTSD flashback if I ever heard that noise again. The closest I've come since leaving NYC was our first San Francisco apartment that had an ancient gas wall heater in the hall just outside the bedroom. The heat box (or whatever it's called) would make non-stop bonk bonk bonk noises as it heated up and again when it cooled down. It was so bad that I insisted that we not use it while sleeping. The apartment had no insulation so it would be a chilly 50's inside when SO got up in the morning. He'd turn up the thermostat and close the bedroom door before getting in the shower.

Fingers crossed that they actually solved your issue.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Hana: So you can get rid of all your pants now, lol.

File culling and shredding is done, and the radiator with the water hammers has been fixed. Hopefully it will be nice and quiet while we sleep tonight!
    Good timing because with this cold weather the radiator will probably be kicking on a lot.

Thread Information