Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Winter Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Plumbing repairs are done - yay!
    Congrats! Those are the types of repairs I hate waiting on. Glad they are done.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

By the way Jeppy, that's good on the walking. I've been kind of slacking lately, and being retired, I really don't have an excuse. I do get my steps in, but instead of going out for a walk, I sometimes walk in the house and read my book. I like the multitask aspect of doing that, but it really isn't the same as getting outside for a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Congrats! Those are the types of repairs I hate waiting on. Glad they are done.
    And I don't know why I drag my heels since we do have a really nice and responsive plumber. I called Weds and left a message for him. He called me back on Weds and said he could come out today between 9 - 10. He got here at 9, did just what we needed and was gone by 10:30.

Update yarn inventory done
    Continue the book cull ongoing
    empty 3 boxes from storage unit done
    Start on my t shirt quilt 3 of 30 blocks complete
    Evaluate work clothing done
    Finish the permanently packed toiletries bag done

Calling it complete with a few days before the equinox. Going to take a few days to decide on my next set of projects.

Good job Hana!
    I've completed everything on my list, except, if you want to split hairs, I'm not quite done with the cellar stairwell at my mother's house. I fully expect to complete that task this coming Sunday though. I would have completed it last Sunday, but we had an opportunity to get together with our niece and her husband, and my SIL and BIL. I'm not sure if I talked about our second niece's death, but in the past year, two of our three nieces died, one in a car accident (39 YO), and the other of a heart attack (37 YO). This is our only surviving niece (just turned 39 YO), and it was great to see her in a non-memorial context (when I also lost my MIL last year, that was our niece's grandmother). This niece and her brother are the two remaining of four siblings. Now there was a time when I would actually have foregone this opportunity and done the decluttering instead. Yes, I can be that obnoxiously task oriented. So apparently age has brought a little bit of wisdom at last.

Rosa, so many losses! Prayers to all. I'm sure your niece really appreciated the time together. Your post is the perfect example that stuff is stuff and can be dealt with anytime, while people won't always be around and opportunities to spend time with others may be more limited than we realize.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Rosa, I didn’t know about your second niece. That’s so sad. I always drop everything to spend time with people. The work will always be waiting.

Finished the cellar stairwell at Mom's yesterday, so I've completed my list! Will get a spring list posted this week.
    Annual culling/shredding of files - done
    Organize gardening & potting supplies in cellar - done
    Organize empty storage bins in cellar - done
    Clean oven - done
    Schedule meeting with attorney to discuss some questions about matters related to Mom - done
    Get Alexa up and running for Mom (already got internet service activated) - done
    Investigate changing Mom's phone to Comcast from Verizon (can number stay the same?) - done
    Finish decluttering first floor of Mom's house - done
    Get Mom's pension form notarized - done
    Get a tetanus booster - done
    Get new eyeglasses (the ones I got a few months ago just aren't satisfactory, and since I wear my glasses all the time, I've decided that being unfrugal and buying a new pair with be worth it in terms of quality of life) - done
    Arrange for heating company to fix radiator that is producing "water hammers." (For those of you who may be unfamiliar, this is a steam heat phenomenon where water condensation doesn't drain properly and it results in a sound like someone is banging the radiator with a hammer, especially annoying when you are trying to sleep. Tried YouTube and DIY, but the problem persists) - done
    Arrange for plumber to fix a slowly leaking pipe and replace shutoff valve for outside water supply with a ball valve - done
    I also have 4 medical appointments to schedule/reschedule - done

Thread Information