Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: could you again share how you organize your to do lists;

could you again share how you organize your to do lists;

I know we did this before but i went to search and it was too late in the year; i have Multiple Sclerosis and it is attacking my cognitive skills; so my memory is bad; i can't organize; i have lists everywhere; and then there could be three lists at each site

any help would be appreciated; thanks
    "I 'll walk where my own nature would be leading. It vexes me to choose another guide" Emily Bronte

I have one spiral notebook in which I write everything. Notes for my writing projects, grocery and errand lists, the general task list that I look at when I have time to do something around the house. The size that I like is about 5x7 inches because I can fit it in my bag but it also has enough space to actually write a full line of words. I also have a small calendar with 7 days on a 2-page spread that I use for appointments - also small enough to carry around, about 3x5 inches.

Mrs-M
    I second Rosemary's spiral notepad method.

I also use a spiral notebook. I like unlined paper, but that's just a personal preference. I put EVERYTHING in this spiral notebook. I use it as a calendar and put my to-do lists on specific days rather than a running to-do list. Over the years I have found that to be the best way for me to actually accomplish the items on my list. To remind myself of tasks I might forget, I use post-it notes. I put them in the notebook, but I also put them around the house such as on my keys, bathroom mirror, phone, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
    I have one spiral notebook in which I write everything. Notes for my writing projects, grocery and errand lists, the general task list ....
    I generally place my notes in just one or two stategic places to help me remember things, but I'm wondering if the one-notebook-for-all-lists method would work even better for me... goodness knows I have enough notebooks to give it a try! And I love post-it notes!!

What's working for me: I have a template for a weekly todo list on my computer that includes all the "tickler" data for the year (birthdays and so on), plus tasks - weekly, monthly, seasonal. Once a week I copy that to a new document and prune it down to the tasks that are relevant for the current week, and add anything special to that particular week down at the bottom. If something comes up in advance, I'll just add it to the template document itself. So the document for this week might say: Week of 1-3: Helen BD 1/7, order free Transunion report, start new compost pile, vacuum. And then at the bottom, "where is coffee maker from Amazon? Call nancy re cat sitting. BOA statement doesn't balance???

I also have a 5*7 spiral with pouch in front, into which go coupons etc. It's both my scratch pad and my ongoing grocery /errand list.

I use Google docs

thank you; i will explore all your suggestions; the number of lists is overwhelming me
    Kris
    "I 'll walk where my own nature would be leading. It vexes me to choose another guide" Emily Bronte

I have one "life goals" sort of list in a Word doc, and one "do it" list on a big post-it pad that sits on my desk. Periodically, I look at the life goals list and move something to my "do it" list.

I find that if I put the item I need to do on my calendar, it works better than having a list. If I schedule a specific time for it, it's more likely to get done.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information