Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid pays a social call.....

We're home, too. My niece(24) has covid and is on 10 day quarantine. She is vaccinated, boosted and masked much of the time. My sister called to postpone Christmas. They will get tested Sunday. Disappointing. We decided to not go to another event and I am SO GLAD! They posted a photo on Facebook- 20 people and at least one I KNOW is not vaccinated. The neighbor put eggs outside on our grill and a darling Christmas card from the 7 year old girl. Made my day! Merry Christmas everyone. I'm grateful for this forum and all of you who contribute!

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    We're home, too. My niece(24) has covid and is on 10 day quarantine. She is vaccinated, boosted and masked much of the time. My sister called to postpone Christmas. They will get tested Sunday. Disappointing. We decided to not go to another event and I am SO GLAD! They posted a photo on Facebook- 20 people and at least one I KNOW is not vaccinated. The neighbor put eggs outside on our grill and a darling Christmas card from the 7 year old girl. Made my day! Merry Christmas everyone. I'm grateful for this forum and all of you who contribute!
    What does it matter that one person is not vaccinated if even the vaccinated and boosted get the disease?

Really we need a new term. A vaccine is something that prevents people from catching or transmitting a disease. What we have now does neither. It should be relabelled a prophylactic treatment to cut down on the severity of disease.

A vaccine is something that prevents people from catching or transmitting a disease.
    I don't think you really understand what a vaccine does/doesn't do. It's not a binary/switch/zero or one sort of thing. Its not if you take one, you will never get the disease when exposed. It reduces the risk- the percentage varies. We don't need a new term.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    So we got tested today and interestingly enough, my Cousin tested positive. She has left for an entirely contactless Air b and b rental in Tucson. Great place for her as she works remotely for American Express. As of my call a half hour ago she has no symptoms.

Wow, though. I remember starting the Coronavirus thread back when there was there was just one known case in Arizona and here this unwelcome virus is at my doorstep. Just WOW. Praying for.my Cousin. She does seem well right now,.though. Rob

Praying she stays safe, Rob. Glad she has figured out a way to be isolated.

Hopefully your cousin will remain symptom-free. Prayers to all.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thanks everyone for the kind words and good wishes. My Cousin is still symptom free as of an hour ago. My tenant and his girlfriend are isolating the guesthouse and life is going on.

As of this moment, this is not a covid horror story - hoping and praying it stays this way. Rob

Bad news folks. Our tenant is now at the covid wing at St. Joe's on 3rd and Thomas. He's on oxygen and it's pretty serious. I recommend taking this virus seriously folks - I talked to him yesterday morning across my.yard and he only had mild symptoms then.

This thing can move FAST. Thank God SO and have had the three Pfizer shots is all I can say. Work EVEN SENT ME HOME until I get a 2nd test. Thankfully I've been hoarding OT money and don't need to dip into PTO. And why am I worrying about money right now faced with covid?

We're both getting retested. And I'm glad my Cousin is in Tucson - she's doing OK but this virus can turn on.a dime it seems. Rob

My neighbor and his wife, both vaccinated/boosted and careful, managed to contract COVID at a family gathering, even though everyone had tested negative before the gathering with quick lateral-flow tests. He's doing OK-ish, we had to med-evac his wife yesterday as she was going downhill very very fast. And hospital beds in the region are drying up fast.

Both were in otherwise good health and had no lifestyle factors.

Be careful out there.

Just a wish for us all on this board. Though I've only met a couple of you I wish everyone the best....please take this virus seriously. I've just had a harsh life lesson in how covid can turn on a dime. Rob

Thread Information