Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid Shaming

Yppej

Covid Shaming

Here is an excellent article on covid shaming.

https://www.newsweek.com/let-omicron...pinion-1664100

I guess time will tell if the covid shaming stops not just in society in general, but in these forums.
    Last edited by Yppej; 12-31-21 at 8:35pm. Reason: Fix spacing

The link doesn't work.

Yppej
    Try it now.

I guess time will tell if the covid shaming stops not just in society in general, but in these forums.
    Do you mean covid shaming like dismissing people who died as "they were old anyways" or "they were fat" with the implication that they did this to themselves?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Do you mean covid shaming like dismissing people who died as "they were old anyways" or "they were fat" with the implication that they did this to themselves?
    No. A person cannot control things like their age. Stating that covid has risk factors is not the same as blaming someone for their illness. I do though blame public health officials that now in the third year of the pandemic there have been no attempts to support people in things like weight loss. Instead it has all been about pushing pharma products and restrictions.

Stating that someone has risk factors is not the same as metaphorically shrugging one’s shoulders when they die. The latter seems like covid shaming.

I'd like to suggest we have one thread about Covid and not the multiple threads. We could start a new one, Covid 2022, with thanks to Rob for starting the original, and have that one for historical importance. But it would be so nice to have one place where those who want to discuss or lament or share information or argue and fight could go to do so, and have other threads "Covid Free."

I'm sure this is impractical, but it might be a nice change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I'd like to suggest we have one thread about Covid and not the multiple threads. We could start a new one, Covid 2022, with thanks to Rob for starting the original, and have that one for historical importance. But it would be so nice to have one place where those who want to discuss or lament or share information or argue and fight could go to do so, and have other threads "Covid Free."

I'm sure this is impractical, but it might be a nice change.
    I think this is a great idea, but as we have seen in the past, some people can't contain the topic to just one thread and tend to twist other topics into an opportunity to rant, argue, fight, whine, etc.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    I did put covid in the title of this thread. If you don't like the topic it is easy enough to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I did put covid in the title of this thread. If you don't like the topic it is easy enough to avoid.
    Yes, and my suggestion is that there be just one thread for Covid-related stuff, but it will probably not fly, and people will not want to do that.

And you are quite right, you did put Covid in the thread title, which is very helpful for those of us with Covid fatigue.

Thread Information