Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goals for 2022?

Goals for 2022?

I'm seeking inspiration for some interesting things to shoot for this year. Covid is making it a bit more difficult because I'm not comfortable with the idea of a classroom situation right now. Hopefully that will change soon because I would really like to take classes at the local pottery studio this spring (Sis and DH would also like to do this). Sister and I also are interested in yoga classes, and also a gun safety course and getting our licenses. If carpentry classes ever start up again, that will move right to the front of the priority line without question.
    So in the meantime, I want some modest goals that I can pursue solo. I would like to acquire some skills or accomplish some smaller projects that are practical and give satisfaction like the oyster shucking and building the spice cabinet.
    • I definitely want to start a bunch of annuals from seed this year. I'm good at buying the seeds, but not so much at actually planting them.
    • I want to tackle the botanical line drawing book that I never got around to in 2021.

I guess that's a start.

Thanks for starting the thread. I need to come to terms with this job. I don't like it, but it appears I have about 2-3 more years of working ahead of me. So...

1. download Spanish lessons onto my MP3 player to listen and learn while working
    2. once the colder weather hits, tear up the old carpet in the room my computer is in, see what is underneath and proceed from there
    3. get more organized with meal planning and grocery shopping. If prices are going up, I need to find ways to keep the costs within budget

That's it off the top of my head. I have a whole year, right??? LOL
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    In terms of skills I would like to learn something new at work. I had volunteered to help with year end inventory but they never had me do that. But the inventory guy is very flaky with horrible attendance and openly talks about getting another job. So if he leaves I will try again. I think I could combine part of my job with most of his job. I will also keep my eyes peeled for other opportunities.

RR do you file your own taxes, and if not is that something you'd be interested in teaching yourself?

Rosa- if you are open to it, there are a lot of on line options available for classes. Yoga in particular.

For me, I intend to reduce the sugar in my diet. I tend to have something sweet after both lunch and dinner, and I have a plan to gradually reduce that over the year. I also want to spend less time on line aimless. Researching something specific is fine, but just checking forums and facebook is something I want to minimize by having more interesting alternatives.

And speaking of resolutions, here's a funny bit from last night's NYE show with Pete Davidson and Miley Cyrus. Not safe for work or for folks easily offended - I thought it was funny. https://youtu.be/_ijXvx12cgU

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Rosa- if you are open to it, there are a lot of on line options available for classes. Yoga in particular.

For me, I intend to reduce the sugar in my diet. I tend to have something sweet after both lunch and dinner, and I have a plan to gradually reduce that over the year. I also want to spend less time on line aimless. Researching something specific is fine, but just checking forums and facebook is something I want to minimize by having more interesting alternatives.

And speaking of resolutions, here's a funny bit from last night's NYE show with Pete Davidson and Miley Cyrus. Not safe for work or for folks easily offended - I thought it was funny. https://youtu.be/_ijXvx12cgU
    that's funny. thanks for posting.

Jeppy: I have filed my own taxes all of my life, and I do them for one of my friends. Otherwise, that would have been a good one!
    Herbgeek: Great video! You are right about online yoga and DH seemed like he would be interested in this too, although Sis wants to do an in-person class. Maybe I could start with online and then add an in-person class when the time is more favorable.
    I do have a recipe I want to attempt this weekend. If it's successful, that would be a real feather in my cap, because my current repertoire consists of hard-boiled eggs, pasta salad, and salads in general. A fourth item would be a significant increase!

Rosa, You made me laugh. Good for you increasing your repertoire< i hope it turns out.
    Last week I joined our Senior Center on line Exercise class. We can sign on to do any of the offerings for $60 for 3 months. I thought I'd try as there are dance classes, multiple types of yoga, yoga, tai chi then heavier, harder for me things. I thought it would be worth it as long as I do at least something a few times a week. I have enjoyed the Art class for free, so feel paying for the exercises is fair and well worth it. I'll let you know!

My goals
    - get back into completing picture painting - too many UFO's. The walls are waiting
    - the courses online with Wondrium are a to-do - drawing, and cellphone photography and practice locally
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

the courses online with Wondrium are a to-do
    @Razz- how does Wondrium work? Is it pay per class or a monthly fee? I went to the website and there's nothing about that, only a "free trial".

Keep up writing in my journal. It’s cheap therapy I started in March 2020 during covid when I was laid off. I write at least once a week, but want to do it more often. Putting pen to paper is soothing. I use Moleskine notebooks. Large size, softcover. They’re about 5” x 8”.

Keep up going to the gym for the recumbent bike. Do dumbbell squats and other weight work at home every other day I’m not on the bike. Really helps my diving.

Finish my deco procedures diving class this summer. Improve my finning and stamina (with longer dives) to enable me to do full cave next winter.

Thread Information