Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Goals for 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    @Razz- how does Wondrium work? Is it pay per class or a monthly fee? I went to the website and there's nothing about that, only a "free trial".
    I pay a monthly fee charged every 3 months on a CC with access online 24/7 to all that is available whether history, archaeology, arts, science, etc., and so much more. I don't know the monthly fee for the US subscribers. The fee is not supposed to increase if one maintains the subscription but may be cancelled readily.

Some are short courses for a single session, some have 6 sessions, some 24 -36 sessions. Most sessions are 30 minutes in duration. The basis, I believe, is the 13,000 courses from "The Great Courses" https://www.thegreatcourses.com presented by college professors within in their field of expertise. Added options from other websites such as Craftsy, documentaries, health info sessions make it quite a diverse, interesting source of education and info.

If I had had the option I would have been a professional student all my life. This gives me that option, fits my timetable and interest at a very modest fee.

There was a promotion at one point for C$10/month and I loved the courses that I had ordered from The Great Courses so I subscribed. I love it!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

To grow lots and lots of plants from seed and then give them away.
    To stop frittering time away on the internet.
    To cut back on alcohol consumption. Currently at one beer and one bottle of wine a week. It's the compulsive habit of it I don't like when I used to smoke cigarettes long ago.
    To figure out this year where home is and get there.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post

And speaking of resolutions, here's a funny bit from last night's NYE show with Pete Davidson and Miley Cyrus. Not safe for work or for folks easily offended - I thought it was funny. https://youtu.be/_ijXvx12cgU
    I saw that last night with DH/DD/DSIL/DS! It was really funny!

Thinking about my goals:

• Work toward reducing all normal expenses (needs + wants) by 25%.
    • Work on house: refinish vintage pine floors; tile backsplash and behind woodstove; fix roof: decide on A/B/C of home renovation: a) just fix the roof and be done with it; b) repair roof but at the same time create a shed roof to allow more natural light in and install solar panels; c) build up one story with dormers to allow for more space for guests.
    • Devote more time to permaculture causes and projects
    • Devote more time to grandkids and their moms and dads
    • Get back on track with my Optimize routine of breathing/meditation/exercise/journaling/minimizing technology/nutrition/creativity.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

My main goal for 2022 is to declutter, then move remaining items to Hermann.

i hope a year from now we are living in .Hermann and our city house is sold.

Yppej
    IL will that be it for you with the city? Or will you still have a condo and/or tiny houses there?

www.seniorplanet.org has some good free zoom exercise classes. I like that there are a variety at different times. Other classes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    IL will that be it for you with the city? Or will you still have a condo and/or tiny houses there?
    I have a condo in the city. That is recently acquired real estate and not even completed with renovation yet.

Rosaragusa: Check out with Universal Class, it's free through your library and has a variety of topics from Science to Do it yourself.

Goals for 2022:

Cut back on pop, make it a special occasion thing. I'll finish or give away what I have and only buy one sleeve of the regional pop when I visit family.
    Walk more often
    Organize and inventory the yarn collection.
    Declutter the utensils drawer.
    Start and finish a t shirt quilt for me.
    Finish UFOs
    Get the spare bedroom ready for overnight guests. Currently no plans for guests, you never know
    Remind myself that this is my year off from volunteering. (Finished a major volunteer project last year and promised myself a year off to avoid burnout.)
    Continue the book cull

Thanks, Hana. I will check it out. I've already signed up for a virtual yoga class via the library for Weds. evening.

Quote Originally Posted by hana View Post
    Rosaragusa: Check out with Universal Class, it's free through your library and has a variety of topics from Science to Do it yourself.
    or your library might have Lynda.com which is an online learning provider with many courses. Most public libraries of size have one such service.

Thread Information