Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: January Frugals

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Many think we will have an economic downturn later this year, so in a long term frugal to prevent myself from possibly being laid off I volunteered to learn a new function at work and the boss took me up on my offer. This will add value to me as an employee and increase my chances of being retained if cuts come. I will do this in addition to my current work.
    That sounds like a really smart idea, and if it makes your job more interesting, that's an even bigger plus!

Thatís a good idea Yppej.

There was a small amount of oil leaking today. It appears the oil filter was not changed when the furnace cleaning was done. I emailed to see will they come out at no charge to fix this. If not I will go with another company from now on.

Broke our two drawer file cabinet several weeks back and have been shopping around for another. Haven't really wanted to pay the prices I've seen online (usually starting $59 for the cheap metal ones) and none of the stores seemed to have any in stock lately. Well, after getting back on FB and listing on marketplace today, I did a search and found one right in my neighborhood! $20 for a simple, wooden, rolling two-drawer.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Broke our two drawer file cabinet several weeks back and have been shopping around for another. Haven't really wanted to pay the prices I've seen online (usually starting $59 for the cheap metal ones) and none of the stores seemed to have any in stock lately. Well, after getting back on FB and listing on marketplace today, I did a search and found one right in my neighborhood! $20 for a simple, wooden, rolling two-drawer.
    What a great score!

Thread Information