Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: January Purge

It's so great to give it to them while they are young and have a lifetime of enjoying them. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    It's so great to give it to them while they are young and have a lifetime of enjoying them. . .

And knowing that it is actually going to the person you want!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Brought one big ban from mom's decluttering of homemade items like afghans. So that is not a big increase in the number of items I have.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Very nice, Tybee. I did take the outside lights down yesterday, but am leaving the tree up for a while longer. I just don't want to let the holiday go yet.
    I am always very happy to let the holidays go, but last year, DH & I came to the conclusion that we liked the extra lights in the house in the evening during the dark months. Therefore I have some fairy lights and faux candles that we are keeping up until the daylight increases. They are plain white lights so not particularly xmassy. I guess you could call it part of our hygge efforts.

I purged, I've been purged... I guess it can go both ways. Facebook is once again not allowing me to sign into my account. Granted I haven't logged on in... months - maybe?? But it is now trying to make me jump through hoops to prove who I am. So, for me at this point in time, FB is gone. I will leave the door open to possibly a new account in the future, but I don't think anyone should hold their breath for that to happen. I was only going to post on the marketplace to sell a few things anyway and only had about 18 "close and personal family/friends", so I can contact them easily and let them know, and probably enjoy a few pleasant person-to-person conversations!

So, towards that endeavor, I'm off to post elsewhere about online, non-FB, local marketplaces to sell stuff!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    It's probably deeply embedded into my psyche, but I have a really hard time throwing out food - unless it has gone bad. I'll give it away, but hate throwing it out. And I get what you mean about the holidays, Greg. Fortunately, everyone in my family seems to be moving towards consumables now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I am always very happy to let the holidays go, but last year, DH & I came to the conclusion that we liked the extra lights in the house in the evening during the dark months. Therefore I have some fairy lights and faux candles that we are keeping up until the daylight increases. They are plain white lights so not particularly xmassy. I guess you could call it part of our hygge efforts.
    Wait until the batteries go out on all those faux candles. A couple days ago I boxed up all of mine, about a dozen, Along with their controllers and I plan to donate them to the Conservancy sale. I just cannot be bothered to buy the tiny batteries figure out which batteries are working and which ones are not, is a controller that doesn’t work? the candles?

I am not a candle person but I really liked those faux ones. Until the batteries ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Wait until the batteries go out on all those faux candles. A couple days ago I boxed up all of mine, about a dozen, Along with their controllers and I plan to donate them to the Conservancy sale. I just cannot be bothered to buy the tiny batteries figure out which batteries are working and which ones are not, is a controller that doesn’t work? the candles?

I am not a candle person but I really liked those faux ones. Until the batteries ran out.
    Mine take AA batteries, so they are very easy to replace. They aren't those button batteries. I used to be somewhat of a candle person, but with a young cat leaping around, I'm not so keen on open flames.

A cross pen box with a very foxed interior, from a set my dad bought in 1970. I have polished the silver pen and pencil and I am using the pen and DH was given the pencil. Dad doesn't seem to have ever used them, saving them for "later" so here it is later, and we are trying to use all these things now.

But we didn't need the box.

Started the great utensil drawer purge. Removed a bunch or rubber bands that no longer stretch, a rusty knife, broken pieces of plastic and some random bits I don't recognize. Can close the drawer without slamming or rearranging stuff.

Next is pulling everything out and taking an inventory then cleaning the drawer and being honest with what we actually use. Pretty sure we don't need three wooden spoons.

Moved 1/20 of my garden club junque out to the trash. Our trash collection is spotty these days because they’re having a very hard time getting drivers and also Covid is hitting refuse workers. Anyway – I heard the garbage trucks come through the alley and now I’m rushing to get stuff out there before dumpsters are full. This is another advantage of being retired, I can get to the dumpsters before people who work.

This morning I emailed someone I haven’t talk to you in nearly 2 years, asking her if she wanted some of my cast off flower show containers. She is thrilled to think that she’ll get a few things and I’m happy to deliver them to her house, getting them out of my basement. I can’t count those as “gone” yet though but at least I have a plan.

Thread Information