Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: January Purge

I like to keep the door of the fridge well stocked with beer as a form of energy saving thermal mass : -).

I returned 3 items to stores today and took 11 items to Goodwill. Total for month so far: 14.

Burned some more old papers of my parents. Wish I could burn them all.

Spent the afternoon at Mom's house with sister and we cleared out so much stuff. I didn't keep close tally, but we took out about 5 boxes and 3 large bags of glassware and kitchen items to be donated, sis and I each brought a few things home for ourselves (a slippery slope, I know, we are careful) and we put out 3 bags of trash and 2 bags of recycling. We are getting through the kitchen faster than I ever imagined!

Sorted paperwork, scanned what I needed to keep for future reference and shredded it all.

Sorted work clothing and listed 4 blouses, 5 pairs dress pants, and a pencil skirt on the local buy nothing group. Clothing is popular and the roads are still slick so I'll choose a winner tomorrow afternoon and make the arrangements for pick up.

Long story short, I mistakenly bought 3 times the amount of parsley I needed for a soup recipe last night.

I never do this, but I actually went back to the grocery store and returned the extra two tiny tubs of chopped parsley today. The credit was almost 10 dollars!

Why don't I return grocery store mistakes more often?! I will now!

New total for month: 16.

Quote Originally Posted by ejchase View Post
    Long story short, I mistakenly bought 3 times the amount of parsley I needed for a soup recipe last night.

I never do this, but I actually went back to the grocery store and returned the extra two tiny tubs of chopped parsley today. The credit was almost 10 dollars!

Why don't I return grocery store mistakes more often?! I will now!

New total for month: 16.
    Parsley can be frozen. Works well in soup. Better yet, to return it, as you did.

It just depends on how far away the grocery is in gas and time. I have two squeeze bottles of ginger I now have to figure out what to make with it.

Returned a toilet part to hardware store.

Donated several jackets and a matching leather jacket and pants set to Salvation Army.

Put cans of tuna that accidentally was packed in oil (picky dogs only like water packed) along with juicy boxes and plastic utensils into a charity street side box like the little library.

Returned library books and at the same time donated a cookbook published locally. They should be able to get a few bucks for it.

I ended up purging a bunch of Christmas ornaments before putting away what I had out. I rarely used them and probably wasn't going to ever use them again since I really like just having red and silver ornaments on my tree this year. I also purged two sets of pajamas because I got two for Christmas. I've gotten to the point where it's really hard to find things to get rid of as I don't purchase much and what I currently have is stuff that I use. I get my "purge" fix by watching videos on YouTube of other people doing it.

Thread Information