Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: January Purge

January Purge

Just finished going through the 2021 files of old bills, semi-annual statements, etc and have them shredded, bagged and ready to go out in the recycle tomorrow. Let the new year of purging and decluttering begin!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Wow, you are good! Haven't started yet, but I plan to tackle this week.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Wow, you are good! Haven't started yet, but I plan to tackle this week.
    Well, I wish I could take credit for being proactive, but we actually met with "our guy" last week and I needed to have everything updated for the meeting. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Bravo Happy Stuff! The job is done!

I filled a trash bag with all the paperwork I threw away. I also purged some clothes I just don’t like anymore.

At 3:00 a.m. this morning - sometimes when I can't sleep I clean! Purged kitchen of many of the left over holiday goodies. Some goodies, unopened - I figured we don't need this stuff, so out it went. Haven't tackled the refrigerator yet, I am not a fan of cluttered frig. I joke that I like our frig to look like a poor college persons frig! It seems like when it is over filled food gets pushed to the back, covered up in the veg bin, etc and just goes bad.

Glad the holidays are over and we can do some more decluttering. Strange, but one of the things I dislike about the holidays is when I receive stuff and then trying to find a new home for them. Not to sound ungrateful, but it always a concern.

It's probably deeply embedded into my psyche, but I have a really hard time throwing out food - unless it has gone bad. I'll give it away, but hate throwing it out. And I get what you mean about the holidays, Greg. Fortunately, everyone in my family seems to be moving towards consumables now.

Not a purge, but a followup on what Greg said; I really like putting christmas stuff away and getting the normal house back. I did not have to purge anything this year though because last year I got rid of half my ornaments before we moved, and I have exactly the right amount, and this year I gave the granddaughters several ornaments, and now I am down to 80 ornaments, which fit the artificial tree perfectly. It was fun to count them and figure if I live 25 more years and I get rid of 3 per year, I'll be at about zero when I die!

I gave my dear dil one of the family heirlooms on Christmas Eve, and it was hard to let go but it feels wonderful now that she has it, it's still in the family, and I have done my duty with respect to my mom and dad by passing it on and keeping it within the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Not a purge, but a followup on what Greg said; I really like putting christmas stuff away and getting the normal house back. I did not have to purge anything this year though because last year I got rid of half my ornaments before we moved, and I have exactly the right amount, and this year I gave the granddaughters several ornaments, and now I am down to 80 ornaments, which fit the artificial tree perfectly. It was fun to count them and figure if I live 25 more years and I get rid of 3 per year, I'll be at about zero when I die!

I gave my dear dil one of the family heirlooms on Christmas Eve, and it was hard to let go but it feels wonderful now that she has it, it's still in the family, and I have done my duty with respect to my mom and dad by passing it on and keeping it within the family.
    Very nice, Tybee. I did take the outside lights down yesterday, but am leaving the tree up for a while longer. I just don't want to let the holiday go yet.

We have a small shelter here that will take food so I never throw away consumables that I don’t like. When I made spaghetti for 100 people for a fundraiser there was quite a bit left and they took it. I have 2 diamond bracelets, 2 diamond hearts and 2 sets of earrings. I am going to give my DIL one of each as she loves sparkling jewelry but just owns costume stuff. Now that I am not working it’s not being worn.

Thread Information