Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: January Purge

Sent my nephew some very nice stuff from my dad, including a railroad watch and a silver belt buckle. Feels good to have these heirlooms passed down and out of my life, responsibility for them over.

A pair of socks.

That’s great Tybee.

Leftover holiday beverages (non-alcoholic) went to my workplace and have already been used up. Crackers and cookies to my dd for the grandsons. A few toys went that way also.

A pair of hubby's pants with holes that show undergarments in the trash. More to shirts and towels cut into rags.

Two bottles of baby shampoo finally used up.

A spatula that didn't stay attached at the handle has been trashed and a new one purchased. DH had put glue on it once, but the dishwasher must erode it.

I tried one of the Christmas presents that I was on the fence about and yeah, NO. Put in the burn pile to burn up on the fireplace.

Library is accepting donations by appointment only with certain restrictions. We can donate one box of books only, and we have to show proof of residency. Appointment booked for Monday morning, Saturday project is find the biggest box that can fit in the car and fill it with books.

Quote Originally Posted by hana View Post
    the biggest box that can fit in the car and fill it with books.
    Lol!!!

If your goal is just to purge, I've been known to sprinkle books around town in the Little Libraries. Do you have them near you?

The ones near me are for children's books.

Went through the containers at the top of the coat closet - reorganized AND LABLED bins for winter hats, gloves, scarves and DH's ball caps. I did get rid of some caps that were mine or were filthy duplicates. I also put some older magazines in the recycling bin this morning. Also while putting away Christmas decorations on Saturday, I culled out a few things for the donate box.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Dropped off the large box of books to the library. Beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel for the great book cull. The goal to have all our books on the bookshelves except for books we're actively reading and library books. Think there's still a box or two of books in the storage unit, those will probably go straight to goodwill once they're uncovered.

Thread Information