Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: February Daily To-Do's/Notable Accomplishments

February Daily To-Do's/Notable Accomplishments

Started this as I haven't see anything else that relates to a more daily noting of accomplishments - either things that popped-up and immediately got done or crossing off a to-do list with some noteworthy accomplishments, even if small.

As I posted elsewhere a couple days ago that I finally got a replacement two-drawer file cabinet for the one that broke. I have been putting stuff back into the new file cabinet, but am taking the time to properly label and organize the stuff before refiling. Some shredding, some re-organizing and refiling, and some just undecided about. Doing this also motivated me to finally go pick up the tax software for this year's taxes - line through a to-do! LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Finished taking the Christmas lights down today. Tomorrow plan to clean the outside of the grill and the serving table next to it. We haven’t put the cover on in a while since we haven’t had rain since Christmas, so the whole thing is getting grungy.

Good idea, Happystuff! Yours also reminds me that I have to cull and shred files at Mom's house some day soon.
    I finally took some measurements and drew up a materials list for a small carpentry project I want to do. Sometimes the first step is the hardest!
    This is the project:
    https://www.classyclutter.net/build-...ood-organizer/

Wow, rr! Very cute organizer, but I don't think I could tackle something like that. Good luck! Would love to see pics of the final outcome.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

What a great idea for a thread, happystuff!!

Yesterday I completed my 2021 photo album and January 2022 photos are in the new 2022 album. So I am all caught up, and new photos coming in via email can be printed and put in the album. I processed the very difficult 2021 by getting it into the album, including photos of my parents' house in its ruined state. I'll decide in the future if I want to keep them in there, but for now, I am going with putting the truth in the albums and editing later, when I have processed the feelings.

Also finished my Dad's scrapbook, so that his pictures and memorabilia are in one place that can be viewed. Got rid of some old photos that have been lying in boxes in trunks since the 1940's/ The keepers are now in logical order so his descendants can view his life story up until his marriage, as then the family albums take over.

Went through my parents' financial papers and found stock information that her conservator missed, so saved her estate time and money, and helped to straighten out her affairs. Boxes are now back in the attic where they reside, so that they are not in my main living space.
    Last edited by Tybee; 2-6-22 at 8:01pm.

Tybee, I admire your dedication.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thanks, it is starting to feel less like dedication and more like insanity, but that's because it has been going on for so long.

Wow, Tybee, what progress on a monumental task! congratulations!

RR, that is a neat project to work on. I bought a similar but much smaller plastic version for a crowded ensuite bathroom as I couldn't find anything else suitable.
    My accomplishment is more modest - I made applesauce of 20lb of apples.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Tybee - kudos to you for the pictures project. It always seems like a huge undertaking, but wonderful memories while doing it and such a sense of accomplishment when finished.

razz - turning 20lbs of apples into applesauce is fabulous! you did can it, right? I love homemade applesauce!

Thread Information