Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: January Purge

I know we shouldn't purge for anyone but ourselves, but hubby's work clothes are out of control.

He's been the laundry helper lately - I wash, dry and fold and he puts away. Totally him volunteering to assume that role. Well, he's noticed how easy it is to put my clothes away, and how he must cram his in the drawers. He is going through slowly and allowing some things to get tossed! Yay!

Old desk chair went off with the trash today. I bought it USED for $10- - 17 years ago! It was literally falling apart. I hope the new one lasts as long, lol.

Lmerullo: That's pretty cool that he is seeing from your example that less can be better!
    Mschrisgo2: It sure sounds like you got you $10 worth!

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    I hope the new one lasts as long, lol.
    Spoiler alert: it won't!

I gave away a bike that is now too small for my daughter on our Buy Nothing Group. New total for month: 17.

I’ll probably go through some more stuff this weekend.

My furnace died at the beginning of the month. I’m surviving fine with a couple of space heaters. New furnace has been ordered, but unknown when it will ship and/or be installed. The closet with furnace and water heater is off the living room, across the room from the unit door. I had to get rid of a ton of stuff I had piled on sofa (never use it) and stuff that was otherwise in the way. Sofa is cleared off and the corner by furnace closet is cleared out. The table that holds my 24” TV will have to be put away.

I’ve organized a lot of stuff and put it in my BR walk in closet.

Tradd, that sounds like you've seized the opportunity to do some good organizing!

I returned 5 items to stores today. New total for month: 22.

Did a pass through my kitchen last night while waiting for dinner to be done. Not much to toss except for some canned chicken that I bought for a recipe that I didn't end up making. Consolidated some stuff and threw away packaging. Also tossed an old smoke detector that was sitting in a drawer. I assume since it wasn't hanging up that there was something wrong with it and that was why it was taken down.

Yesterday I put a “Free” garden bench on Facebook, and the people who came to get it also bought two other garden pieces. $95 up.

Yppej
    A shirt relegated from regular wear to pajama wear a few years ago and now developing holes - not in embarrassing places, but it just doesn't make me feel good when I put it on.

Thread Information