Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mass Shootings in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    For treatment. I live less than a mile from one of the country’s best Trauma centers treating gunshots. Probably more than two gunshot wounds would overwhelm them, tho, .
    From our analysis here, we could handle two, maybe three, and get them to one of the best Level One trauma care centers in the country in time to make a difference. If all the dominoes lined up - airlift resources in the region are often oversubscribed. After that, well, there's a reason I have a triage kit in my gear.

Cook County’s Stroger Hospital is where the Navy sends Corpsmen from Great Lakes Naval Training Station in North Chicago, IL (about an hour from Chicago- this is the Navy’s only remaining bootcamp) to learn about gunshot wounds for battle purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Cook County’s Stroger Hospital is where the Navy sends Corpsmen from Great Lakes Naval Training Station in North Chicago, IL (about an hour from Chicago- this is the Navy’s only remaining bootcamp) to learn about gunshot wounds for battle purposes.
    I always feel so cheerful when I help teach the "Stop The Bleed" classes here in our community :-(. I mean, yes, good skills to have, and it's nice that people have an interest, but it raises some fundamental questions...

https://www.stopthebleed.org/

Thread Information