Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fellow Parishioner Won't Wear Mask

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Should the babies all stay home too since they don't wear masks? Should church be a gerontocracy?
    I think it’s generally a good idea that babies and small children stay out of most serious social gatherings including church. Haha. That is of course unless church service is boring then sometimes watching the kids is more is interesting. kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I think it’s generally a good idea that babies and small children stay out of most serious social gatherings including church. Haha. That is of course unless church service is boring then sometimes watching the kids is more is interesting. kidding.
    Kidding or not, there is truth in your words. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Rachel, I agree with IL that your response sounds reasonable, but probably is still hard to leave your place of worship. I hope you find something just as rewarding - or moreso - for your Sundays. And I hope the situation resolves itself sooner rather than later so you can return.
    Thanks, Happystuff. Yes, it's a painful situation. This discussion has helped me realize that I need to be pro-active for my own well being and not expect the church leadership or anyone else to do that for me! I will find some place else to be on Sundays. God will be there, wherever that place is.

Yppej
    At court watching the kids can be fun as well. They are the only people happy to be there.

It is true that being religious or living a religious life does not require entry into a church building. Too many let that be their entire religious experience and do not live their professed beliefs. You can practice your choices wherever you are located.

"God will be there, wherever that place is."

Get out in Nature--if God is anywhere, it's there.

Rachel, how are you doing with alternative/new Sunday services? I hope you have found something just as - if not more - rewarding for yourself!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information