View Poll Results: What Type of Mask Do You Wear?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • N95

3 42.86%
  • KN95

3 42.86%
  • Cloth

1 14.29%
  • Neck gaiter

0 0%
  • Don't wear a mask

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Type of Mask Do You Wear?

I will be glad when wearing masks is over. I have noticed more people either not wearing them in stores or wearing them on their chins. At this point the people that want or can get a vaccine have and except for medical facilities I would be fine with no more masks. When our governor put the mask mandate back in place businesses said they weren’t saying anything to people not wearing them because of the abuse employees took previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I was wondering if anyone changed their type due to omicron.
    I did. I've always used a cloth mask until recently and bought a couple packages of N95s. But I don't go out that often anyway.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I switched from cloth to kn95s in mid December. SO has been wearing kn95s all along since he works in an office and regularly has meetings with lots of different people.

I wore KN95s, N95s before vaccines, but cloth outdoors (probably didn't need to wear a mask ever outdoors anyway but what did we know in those innocent very early days).

In the time after vaccines and before Omicron would often wear cloth masks sometimes KN95 (I was vaxxed afterall), sat in my office on the day a week I go to work without a mask at all (it's staggered staffing though so not much staff). I was not much worried. But with omicron that is all no more. I wear N95/KN95. BF worked in the office the entire pandemic and wore cloth masks there. I had no real issue with it, there is sometimes a trade off between protection and comfort anyway (the happy medium is probably KN95s). But he's in an KN95 now with all the Omicron wave, that I gave him. It's just like, okay, they are going to let everyone get infected, that sucks, I'm not okay with that *if* (and it really is *if* as the thing is everywhere and insanely contagious) I can help it. We've been trading masks the whole pandemic from the first N95 he gave me that he had bought for fires, to the hemp/cloth mask I showed him on a website. Where is a *heart* emoji?
    Trees don't grow on money

I also wear a silk eye mask to sleep, I joke about it: no covid is getting in my eyes!!!
    Trees don't grow on money

Talked to a stranger today at Kroger. She had four masks on of all kinds. Felt kind of sorry for her since she appeared quite lonely to be talking to various people at self checkout. If she is that afraid, staying home might be best or staying at least 6 feet away from people. She went up and hugged my mom which kind of freaked her out. Mom is not one for even talking to strangers and I will speak to anyone who wants to talk to me unless they start begging.

That’s sad and it sounds like the lady was lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Lol Tradd.

Thread Information