Thread: NYT version of HGTV's House Hunter

NYT version of HGTV's House Hunter

There's a regular feature in the NYT that I really like--they profile a person or a couple/family that was looking to move from their place in NYC to another place. The article outlines some of the key things the people are looking for and then they present 3 different properties and then there's a survey asking the reader: Which property would YOU pick and which property did THEY pick?

I always get it wrong. Here's a link to the latest one--hopefully there won't be a paywall https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...hunt-wong.html

But when I read these articles, I think WHY?? I know people have to work and they usually have to live near their work, but... I used to really, really want to live in New York City, and now, I read articles like this one and I think, why?

See how you do with the scenario in the link. And, do any of those options seem attractive to you?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Darn it, paywall, looks really fun!

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...smid=url-share

I wonder if this will work. It's a "gift link".
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

He and I must have similar taste. We both picked the same one.

The thing that I didn't like about any of them was that most of the bedrooms faced the street. Anyone who has lived in NYC knows that that means noise, at least in the spring and fall when one might want to sleep with the windows open.

It did not work for me, not to say it might not for others, though? Thanks for trying.

I catch the NYT version on occasion and I think, why, too. Not to distract from the OP, but a friend recommended the BBC program "Escape to the Country" which is a UK version of house hunters. City people looking for a place in the countryside with lots of updated and sometimes very old cottages and homes. All the greenery is especially nice to see this time of year, but probably because it rains a lot. My friend watches it on brit box, but I'm pretty sure most or all of the recent seasons are on uTube for free and without commercials. They are on season 22 and this is a recent one. They're all about 45 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4pTCFgQRTU

The NYT? Do they follow a family looking for just the right bridge to live under?

Thread Information