Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading - 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Jennifer mentions studies that links of the drug DES to trans/feminized men. Her mother took DES. That would not explain her son transitioning. The son also said he did not feel like a female person until he was well into his 20s. Jennifer, on the other hand, always felt that she was female.
    Epigenetics might explain the second-generation thing. I'm glad my mother was as indifferent to medical fads as I am; DES was not on her radar.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    yesterday I watched a YouTube video discussion with Blair White and Buck Angel. They are trans people who are not on board with current trans activism ideology. Buck Angel has been a trans man for more than 30 years and has a lot to say about testosterone, medical transition, and what a hard road that is. He feels current trans activist rhetoric plays that down. He relates how testosterone caused his uterus and vagina to fuse, trapping bio waste. Made him sick with septis and he nearly died.

As for Blair, I just love her. Love that girl!
    I think that was the video I watched last week or so--Triggernometry? Talk about cautionary tales!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I was 16 with no skipped grades. Began 1st grade in a two room country school when I was 4.
    Me too but no country school. Don't understand why my parents started me in school at age 4?

Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonriders of Pern science fantasy series. Had read it in college and into the early 2000s but had forgotten about them. Saw mention of them online and started them again. Forgot how much I had enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I think that was the video I watched last week or so--Triggernometry? Talk about cautionary tales!
    Oh right, that’s it. For some reason this particular Blair White video came to the top of my YouTube suggest list, but I have watched Blair for a couple of years. Granted she is a provocateur/influencer to make money, but she’s also a reasonable voice in the LGBTQ etc. world.

edited to add: your link is one of the two Blair and Buck videos I watched, but Triggernomitry is a different video.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    I think it was the under age thing- which seemed odd because most kids in their senior year are 18 by May...at least where I live. I did wonder if there wasn't a closer place but was too lazy to check.
    I actually graduated high school in three years. We were called "graduating juniors".
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonriders of Pern science fantasy series. Had read it in college and into the early 2000s but had forgotten about them. Saw mention of them online and started them again. Forgot how much I had enjoyed them.
    This was one of my favorite series as a teen! I still have most of the originals in paperback. I think she started co-writing with her son?? I haven't read any of those.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

If you were a chimera couldn't you actually have organs with different DNA (male and female even). DES hasn't been used in decades. So we are talking early Gen X and boomers.
    Trees don't grow on money

Latest read was The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx. I loved this book so much; it made my heart happy! I hadn't realized that it won a Pulitzer.
    I would put it in my top four this year along with A Gentleman in Moscow, News of the World, and The Lightkeepers.

I just got Malcolm Nance's They Want to Kill Americans; I expect it to be prescient and chilling, like his earlier books in this series.

Thread Information