Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Biden’s Georgia Speech

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    We hear that election fraud is negligible in national elections, but what about local ones? We never hear about those.
    We only vote for President every four years, but we vote for state and local representatives, school and fire levies and a host of other things much more often. It doesn't take much fraud to unduly influence those things.
    Your fake angst about non existent potential fraud is impressive. Bravo?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I could buy into that if there were significant evidence in states like mine will less restrictive practices. Or maybe we've had it all along and no one knows. The again, there were the 17 pallets of missing ballots found in the back alley in Georgia, mostly for Trump.
    Congrats! I won’t make your state do the same thing as my state because we DO have verified-by-the-court election fraud. Y’all don’t need to tamp down on non-existent criminal activity at the polls in your state. Good for you!

Thanks for proving my point: one size does not fit all.

I am sure election procedures here will “loosen” up (as you seem to think of it) when our capacity to address those problems can handle them. Procedures are trending that way.

As a citizen here, I want my vote to count and not be negated by some fraudulent jackass.

The again, there were the 17 pallets of missing ballots found in the back alley in Georgia, mostly for Trump.
    You forgot to add a snark tag. While rational people will realize that you were being absurd that kind of ridiculousness is part of the Republican party’s platform and is widely believed by a substantial portion of their voters.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Your fake angst about non existent potential fraud is impressive. Bravo?
    No angst here JP, just pointing out that all elections are local and even a little fraud has an impact at the lower levels. That may not be something you're concerned about but that doesn't mean that no one should.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Congrats! I won’t make your state do the same thing as my state because we DO have verified-by-the-court election fraud. Y’all don’t need to tamp down on non-existent criminal activity at the polls in your state. Good for you!

Thanks for proving my point: one size does not fit all.
    Is that just hear say, or could you point out a reliable news source saying election fraud is common or frequent in your state. I mean, that's what Trump claimed, too and even his own judges couldn't find anything. Sounds like a real "shit show" in your vernacular.

Depending on how it's counted, ten or twenty states have liberal vote by mail procedures. Here's a little real fact checking, although it's from the failing NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/fact...in-voting.html

Is that just hear say, or could you point out a reliable news source saying election fraud is common or frequent in your state. I mean, that's what Trump claimed, too and even his own judges couldn't find anything. Sounds like a real "shit show" in your vernacular.

Depending on how it's counted, ten or twenty states have liberal vote by mail procedures. Here's a little real fact checking, although it's from the failing NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/fact...in-voting.html
    sigh. I myself voted in an election that was court ordered because the first version was overturned due to fraudulent activities.

I know you will say that’s just anecdotal and it doesn’t really matter in the big scheme of things. That’s fine, you do you. It seems reasonable to me to put into place procedures that combat fraudulent voting. I don’t see how reasonable people can dispute that.

What can be disputed is the nuts and bolts of the electoral process and carrying it out. The devil is in the details.

The voting verification process by mailing address, for instance, can easily be compromised. I watched thousands of dollars of computer games be stolen while working at the public library, all by people who registered their “address “to get a library card, came into the public library and checked out their maximum number of games, and then disappeared. We we never saw them again under that name anyway, them OR the games. Then they registered under a different name, rinse and repeat. There was whole cadre of them doing this.

Ways to falsify addresses that are common in St. Louis are give a an address that is not yours but it’s a legitimate point of delivery, then swing by and pick up mail there every day. That’s real common. I know it’s hard for people who don’t live in an urban core to understand the number of semi abandoned buildings, totally abandoned buildings, and etc. but it’s not hard to set up a faux mailing address.

'Bout all I can say knowing what you say and what I know IL, is maybe so. You live in a different world but some things are the same, too. But in my mind it's plain that people are playing politics with voter rights, and it's probably nothing new. I think sometimes, what if Pence had refused to accept the ballot results, and we didn't have a peaceful transfer of power. It's not all that remote.

There were a lot of games being played under the guise of fraudulent elections, and probably still will be.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The voting verification process by mailing address, for instance, can easily be compromised. I watched thousands of dollars of computer games be stolen while working at the public library, all by people who registered their “address “to get a library card, came into the public library and checked out their maximum number of games, and then disappeared. We we never saw them again under that name anyway, them OR the games. Then they registered under a different name, rinse and repeat. There was whole cadre of them doing this.

Ways to falsify addresses that are common in St. Louis are give a an address that is not yours but it’s a legitimate point of delivery, then swing by and pick up mail there every day. That’s real common. I know it’s hard for people who don’t live in an urban core to understand the number of semi abandoned buildings, totally abandoned buildings, and etc. but it’s not hard to set up a faux mailing address.
    But without being able to prove citizenship as multiple people what benefit would this have in trying to fraudulently vote. Everyone over 18 who is a citizen is already allowed to vote, except of course for convicted felons in a few states, etc. But for the rest of us a fake address isn't going to benefit us.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    But without being able to prove citizenship as multiple people what benefit would this have in trying to fraudulently vote. Everyone over 18 who is a citizen is already allowed to vote, except of course for convicted felons in a few states, etc. But for the rest of us a fake address isn't going to benefit us.
    I offer it only as one example of how easily these requirements can be circumvented. Of course, voting at a poll is NOT nearly as lucrative for the criminal as stealing stuff from the library and fencing it.

I guess there aren’t such things as fake IDs though, hunh who knew.

But I am not gonna get into the weeds of voting procedures because it’s pretty obvious to me that anyone who has their mind set to it can work around them although certainly not always successfully, granted! Your mind is not open to there being concerted effort to throw an election. I get that so there’s no point in debating with you.

Besides I don’t really know the specifics of everything anyway. I just know that I have seen multiple election problems in my city, not just that last court case.

I remember the big effort years and years ago to keep the polls open past standard closing time for black folks because for some reason they couldn’t get there in time, and I don’t remember why. I just remember getting a recorded call from Jesse Jackson saying “get your souls to the polls “after 7 o’clock, normal closing time. That was an election day shenanigan.

For my state, mass mailing of ballots before there is strong infrastructure to address issues and problems seems like an invitation to cheat.

Thread Information