Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden’s Georgia Speech

Biden’s Georgia Speech

Do you think this speech was:

A - A landmark speech that will be remembered as the moment America was saved from autocracy.

B - A failed attempt at a distraction from other issues that even Stacey Abrams couldn’t be bothered to attend.

C - I’ve already forgotten it.

I missed it I think

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Do you think this speech was:

A - A landmark speech that will be remembered as the moment America was saved from autocracy.

B - A failed attempt at a distraction from other issues that even Stacey Abrams couldn’t be bothered to attend.

C - I’ve already forgotten it.
    At this time that question is unanswerable. History is written by the winners. At this point we have no idea if biden is the winner or if the republicans will succeed in suppressing the vote to the point that they can be the perpetual "winners".

Yppej
    D - none of the above. I wouldn't dismiss it as just a distraction, because I think he was genuinely motivated to please his base on this issue.

Besides nothing can distract people from the mess we are in as a contradictory, inept healthocracry guts our economy. Asymptomatic people have to stay home and that is worsening already bad supply chain issues and prolonging us reaching herd immunity and returning to normal. All the quarantining is being done to protect anti-vaxxers who could get the shot and protect themselves.

Yes, workers could go home to vulnerable vaccinated people and infect them, but as noted by CDC Director Rochelle Wolensky those people have on average four comorbodities. They are in such rough shape if covid didn't get them the seasonal flu or something else would.

I don't wish for the few to die, but is it better for our whole economy and civilization to collapse and everyone die because we can't get food to our supermarkets among other things, since so many people are stuck at home quarantining and isolating?

Definitely Biden has made things worse by feeding into the covid issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    At this time that question is unanswerable. History is written by the winners. At this point we have no idea if biden is the winner or if the republicans will succeed in suppressing the vote to the point that they can be the perpetual "winners".
    That is Biden’s premise, that the GOP wants to return us to the dark days of 2019 when you only had eleven days of early voting instead of fifteen, and couldn’t hand out goodies to people waiting in line. Joe pounding his podium and insisting that all who oppose him are racist enemies of democracy seems fairly silly to me, in an autocratic sort of way.

Given the available votes, he doesn’t even seem to be trying to create an imaginary crisis he can heroically solve. He’s just creating an imaginary crisis he can blame his opposition for when he fails to solve it. It fails as both polemics and practical politics.

It's not on my radar, but I get the impression that the GOP has created an issue that doesn't exist to support the illusion that the 2020 election results were not accurate, as in stop the steal. Then Biden has to have a come back argument. I'm routinely amazed at the numbers touted about that much of Republicans think Trump actually won the election because of some sort of fault in the election process.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    It's not on my radar, but I get the impression that the GOP has created an issue that doesn't exist to support the illusion that the 2020 election results were not accurate, as in stop the steal. Then Biden has to have a come back argument. I'm routinely amazed at the numbers touted about that much of Republicans think Trump actually won the election because of some sort of fault in the election process.
    I have to agree with you there. Both the Trump and Biden camps are selling nonsense to create a sense of crisis. Stop the Steal and New Jim Crow are two sides of the same coin. Before that it was Russian collusion and cannibal conspiracies.

The Gerrymandering in WI and other states qualifies as a crisis IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    The Gerrymandering in WI and other states qualifies as a crisis IMO!
    Last year our Democratic Governor presented alternative districts his “People’s Maps Commission” drew up, but he lost a lot of support among his own party members. They felt his alternative violated the Voting Rights Act by diluting minority representation.

Wisconsin is sort of an extreme case of what we see in the US, with very concentrated Democratic support in 2 of the 72 counties and more diffuse GOP support in the rest of the state. It’s one reason the state gave Obama a victory in one term and Trump the next. The politics can be squirrelly here, but I don’t see a fascist putsch anytime soon.

Now we know why republicans are so concerned about election fraud. They assume that since they are doing it that the democrats must be too. It will be interesting to see how far up the ladder the planning for this forgery plot went.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/...s-130662469836

Thread Information