Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Biden’s Georgia Speech

My mind is very set to the idea of people attempting to throw an election. It seems we learn more every day about how the republicans attempted to do just that a year ago. I mean seriously, Republican parties in multiple states sending forgeries of fraudulent elector lists to the National archives? The president planning to throw the electoral college certification process in chaos with the goal of overturning the will of the voters? It boggles the mind that one of our major political parties wants to turn this country into a sad banana republic.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    My mind is very set to the idea of people attempting to throw an election. It seems we learn more every day about how the republicans attempted to do just that a year ago. I mean seriously, Republican parties in multiple states sending forgeries of fraudulent elector lists to the National archives? The president planning to throw the electoral college certification process in chaos with the goal of overturning the will of the voters? It boggles the mind that one of our major political parties wants to turn this country into a sad banana republic.
    See, election protections are important regardless of the “side!”

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    See, election protections are important regardless of the “side!”
    The only question is whether the Republican ‘protections’ are actually protecting elections or protecting Republican efforts to subvert them. Given the Republican efforts to replace Secretaries of State at the state level I’d suspect the latter.

There’s never an “only question”. It’s never that simple. You can pound the podium and insist anyone who stands between you and your agenda are Jefferson Davis, Bull Connor, George Wallace or some other Democrat, but it really isn’t that stark a choice. I think most people realize that, so it won’t get only-question thinkers much political support unless they’re scared of you.

The verified cases of voter fraud, countrywide, in the 2020 election were a couple hundred. If there were more one would think that republicans surely would have found them by now. Their ‘solution’ is in search of a problem. The only question is what problem do they see. Given their actions surrounding 2020 a reasonable person could come to the conclusion that their problem is that their are too many democratic voters in cities in swing states.

Thread Information