Thread: Downloading Music CDs

Downloading Music CDs

So I have started taking my little Sansa mp3 player to work. I am loading it up with music and Spanish lessons. Just started this past week, but I found that I tend to work faster - and end up totally exhausted! LOL.

Anyway, I've started going through my (old) cd collection and am downloading them to reload onto my player and store on an SD card. I definitely realize my tastes in music have expanded, as my old cd's are good, but will not suffice. LOL.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this, is doing this or contemplating doing this.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Actually, happystuff, I'm not super tech-savvy, but I'm delighted for apps to do the work for me. I pay about $10/month and I can get anything at all on Alexa. I have an Apple Music library with all my songs on it. Frankly, that's all I've really needed. I guess "simple living" can translate into either money or the time spent to not spend money, but I think the $10 month is worth it for me. I can listen to Pavarotti, Hamilton, or Lady Gaga at my whim.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I get it, catherine. I can pretty much get anything I want off Youtube as well.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

My hubby gave me a record player last year, that can convert the vinyl to digital. I haven't used it yet as the vinyl I still have was all emotional stuff from my teens and early 20's- some of the stuff never made it CD or digital, and I know it will be hard to listen to that old music. It will bring me back to some of my darker days, so the record player sits in my office and mocks me.

herbgeek, I love that record players seemed to have some kind of comeback. My niece got one a couple years ago, so I gave her my Beatles collection and several other LPs that I had. Hmmm.... reminds me that I should text her and tell her to return them when she gets tired of them. May be some money there. LOL

My kids offered me a turntable, but we turned it down. We just don't have the room. That's one reason I love Alexa! You don't have to store turntables, CD players, or vinyls. Keeping it minimal is important to me, so I'll listen to the vinyls on my son's turntable when I visit him. But I agree that it's great that the "old school" technology is making a comeback.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I have to say... this is so much easier than digitizing photos! While I have a lot of cd's, I've already done 14 cd's in the course of maybe 3 hours (while making dinner and picking chicken in between!). Considering this part of decluttering, as I intend to donate the cd's somewhere.

Thread Information