Thread: Wolf Moon Rising 1/17/22

Wolf Moon Rising 1/17/22

Pretty soon this full moon will rise.

It will be at 4:20 PM local time in Milwaukee. The site of the moonrise on the horizon will be about 52 degrees NE.

I will not be able see it tonight in the Northern Highlands because of clouds. But 2 days ago, I saw the waxing moon (96% full) with a blue sky, opposite the sun. And it looked like a fine wheel of Gorgonzola cheese up yonder!

People in Wisconsin who know their cheeses think a good pairing is Gorgonzola on buttermilk rye bread with a glass of porter. Even 2 out of three is not bad... to celebrate the Wolf Moon Rising!

Gorgonzola on rye sounds good to me!

Sounds like you are all organized to properly celebrate the Wolf Moon. After clearing up after a huge snowstorm, I am too pooped to celebrate anything.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Malbec wine instead of porter would be a little less intense. Porter is carmel and chocolate in the nose, then intense hops.

There is a heavy overcast here today, so I have to use my imagination for the visual impact of the glorious moonrise.

And I can remember the Wolfman (Jack) on the AM radio dial. "We gonna sock it to ya!"

We were "meandering" (DH's favorite pastime) yesterday to treat my cabin fever and the moon was absolutely beautiful, but getting an almost-Wolf moon was all we were going to get up here. It's very cloudy, but yesterday's skies were clear. We rode the ferry from Plattsburgh to G.I. and the moon followed us all the way.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Too many clouds here as well, but I bet it will end up on Youtube!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information