Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hiking

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I’m pretty sure I wasn’t holding my phone sideways when I took that picture.
    See my test using photos taken just now from my iPhone. Test (simplelivingforum.net)
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I usually export the photo to my desktop, where it lands in the right direction, and then I just upload that version rather than the one from photos library.
    I do the same.

I LOVE hiking. We were camping at Algonquin Park Provincial park last year and had a chance to hike the best trails I ever hiked. Couple of scenic lookouts were just breathtaking. Hardwood lookout trail, Hemlock bluff and I forgot the name of the other trail that took me straight up for nearly 2.5 km. Hardest trail to hike, I had to make several stopovers, but the view compensated for the hard work.

FishFinder, thanks for the bump on this thread. I'd wanted to add to it but with being busy getting back to work after vacation I'd completely forgot. Last week while we were in palm springs I went on a couple of hikes. One was nice enough, and I got a nice panorama photo of the whole city with the cancer windmills off in the distance. (admittedly the city doesn't have much of a skyline since I don't think there are many (any?) buildings that are more than 2 stories tall).* The second hike, though, came recommended by some volunteers doing maintenance on the first trail. They promised me that it was worth the $12 entrance fee to get on the Indian reservation. And they were right. A lot of the trails in the area are dry river beds. This was was alongside a wet river! So it had all sorts of trees and other vegetation all over the place.

*the forum software doesn't seem to like the panorama photo but since it was the least impressive I'll let that go. The other three from the next day's hike are the cool stuff...

hike 2.jpg
    hike 3.jpg
    hike 4.jpg

Very nice, jp!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Last weekend I went back to a couple of trails that I hadn't been to since last summer. The panorama picture probably won't do the view justice. From that spot I could see Mount Diablo, the highest point in the east bay, downtown San Francisco, downtown Oakland, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay Bridge, and the Richmond Bridge. (the trail is called 3 Bridges...)

The other trail doesn't have quite as impressive views but I was impressed with how tall the grass was. At some places it was taller than 5' 8". Last time I was there it was summer and everything was dried out and short.

The last picture is not from a hike. It's an open space about a half mile from our house owned by the county. They have apparently hired a bunch of natural lawn mowers this year to lower the fire risk, which seemed very cool. I will definitely let you all know if they bring the mowers over to deal with the open space hill behind our house after they are finished there.

hike 1a.jpg
    hike 2.jpg
    hike 3.jpg
    hike 4.jpg

Love the goats! Thanks for sharing.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information