Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should money be able to buy EVERYTHING?

In the Vietnam War, you could stack up student deferments like our two most recent presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    In the Vietnam War, you could stack up student deferments like our two most recent presidents.
    Even a low income person such as myself could get a student deferment, but agreed that the cost of concocting a bone spur might be more expensive.

I suppose there are minimum security prisons for low risk white collar criminals, but having expensive lawyers would be a big advantage for the wealthy.

Catherine, why not donate them to a charity to be raffled off in a fundraiser? They make the money, someone who wants to see the show gets the tickets, and you get a tax deduction (maybe?)? Everyone wins.

I have no problem paying for something I want or to do something I'd rather not do. Lots of people pay for someone to clean their house, cut their lawn, etc. But being a frugal thrifty person, I'd probably do most things myself.

As someone who has been looking to buy a house for over two years now, apparently all cash money is the only way to get one in many areas. I have been flat out told by realtors not to bother unless you have cash in hand.

Here many are paying cash but my offer was accepted because I was putting down 65% and my house was in escrow. I actually didn’t choose the cash offer for my house because they offered 50k less than my highest offer.

Thread Information