Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deodorant

Yppej

Deodorant

I was thinking do I even need deodorant in the winter? I never sweat.

Perhaps do an experiment and go a few days without and then ask people who are around you regularly and who would answer honestly whether they noticed? I've never tried this but I assume that one would not be a very effective judge about themselves as to whether they smelled unpleasant to others. Personally I skip showering a couple of times during the week in the winter (and also only put on deodorant on the days I do shower) since I work from home and only SO is likely to be within odor range of me and he doesn't notice or at least doesn't care. (I've never asked one way or the other and he's never said "you stink, take a damn shower." I also tend to wear my clothes, except underwear, 2-3 days during winter for the same reason.)

Some people don’t have much of a odor. Plus it can change over time. If you aren’t sweating you probably won’t smell stinky.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Some people don’t have much of a odor. Plus it can change over time. If you aren’t sweating you probably won’t smell stinky.
    Body odor can also be a result of the foods/spices one eats.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

This just made me realize I haven't used deodorant in about 20 years. Not a single person has ever told me I smell. And since water is such a precious commodity here in the high desert, in the winter I only bathe about 2x per week. However, I live in a hippy town where regular bathing is not too much of a concern amongst the residents, but if I have a doctor or dentist appointment I always make sure to bathe the night before, just in case!

Yppej
    Reassuring feedback from you all. Thanks.

I haven't used "commercial" deodorant for years. When I get out of the shower I use a bit of baby powder and then a very very light sprinkling of good ole baking soda. It worked so good I was beginning to think I might have become nose blind. So I went without...I wasn't! If I use just baking soda it irritates my pits. But a good dose of baby powder first seems to do the trick. Perhaps TMI

Your body chemistry can change with menopause. I noticed my sweat smells much different now. I have to use deodorant. Hot flashes make me sweat.

I was really stinky during menopause so deodorant was a must but now I only wear it in summer.

I use baking powder over an alcohol scented with lavender oil spray in the morning, and after I wash at night I use a white vinegar and lavender oil splash. Seems to work pretty well. I've gone 2 summers working in the hot yard with only a time or two of having to re wash it.

Thread Information