Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Medical Tests

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    The other problem with using cool guard is that in most cases if it tells you to get a follow up colonoscopy it is no longer considered preventive and this fully covered by insurance. Now it is diagnostic and subject to the standard copays/coinsirance./deductibles.
    Having colonoscopy next week, I check also on the other options available. I was advised the same.

I do think someday they will come up with a better way to screen for colon cancer, and the people of the future will incredulously say to the old timers, "They made you do WHAT?"

DH is having an echocardiogram today. He had to dig out of a snowstorm to get there, and I told him to drink a cup of coffee, so they would have an accurate picture. He didn't want to have the coffee because he was afraid he'd do badly on the test. But they ordered the test because he is doing badly, so I'm saying, just do what you normally do, and see what happens on the test.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Please repeat this in 3-4 years when I am supposed to have another colonoscopy. As everyone knows, the procedure itself is no impact. The preparation is just awful, at least the last glass of it.
    I had my lovely colonoscopy today. 60 now, first was at 50. I must be older as the prep was very difficult to choke down, yes last bottle at 8pm of magnesium citrate was really difficult, I told myself must must drink it. Then today I questioned why I was doing this?? Diverticulosis was the only issue. I assume one in 10 years happens, I will debate on if I choose the testing, I believe the other options will be better for me.

I do think someday they will come up with a better way to screen for colon cancer
    There is a new test that is a colon scan available in some larger markets but it doesn't appear to be covered under insurance - yet.
    I finally went to a gastro doc yesterday for on again - off again abdominal issue. However, he said it could be this or that (something called SIBO) and that a course of antibiotics was worth a try. However, he did not test for that condition which makes me wonder about the indiscriminate use of antibiotics when they are problematic for the gut in the first place. Doctors are always so quick to push pills IMO and often tests too.

The only time I've ever had digestive problems was after a course of one of the quinolones. I hope my biome eventually recovered...

Thread Information