Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: February Frugals

Yppej
    RR I had a good oil company too but they were sold. So many tradespeople I have dealt with over the years have retired that it makes me feel old. The HVAC company was also sold. A former coworker who did that type of work on the side moved to Connecticut. But I check the oil drip twice a day and it is still minimal.

Yes, I guess finding the good company to begin with is key. We just lucked out. When we bought our house, we used the same company my parents had used. When that owner retired, they sold our account to the company we have now, and we liked them even better.

Yppej
    Keeping the grocery bill down by eating what is in the house. Spent $20 for the week. Tomorrow I am budgeting $100 that I hope will last two weeks.

DS had the electrician in and I left him a note I can reimburse him but my guess is he won't take me up on that. However, he never paid me for the cable/internet bill switched to my name. At this point I am ahead - have paid one month of that and the electrician is probably equal to two months.

Wow, so does this mean the electrical issues are going to be resolved? That would be a huge win!

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Wow, so does this mean the electrical issues are going to be resolved? That would be a huge win!
    Power is restored to his room and the outlets there are grounded now so hopefully the problem does not repeat itself.

That's good to hear, jeppy!

Great news!!

Yppej
    This is a future frugal. In preparation for the electrician DS cleaned up all his things on the table but left the AAA card. I will not include him going forward since he has made clear he does not want it. It is also next to a card I left him asking about new year, new try for us to get along.

Yppej
    Cancelled my dental appointment since they sent me an email stating they are no longer a provider for my insurance. Last time they didn't bill things correctly and I landed up paying over $52 out of pocket. I am thinking it is such a hassle maybe I will not go to the dentist for a while. Don't feel like trying to find another one. The one I used previously kept harassing me to go during the dark pre-vaccine days of the pandemic and I will not go back to them. Plus some of the time when there you have to wear a mask.

Yppej
    My parents tend to accumulate electronic junk in their basement and then pay to dispose of it, so I asked do they have a microwave. They do but it is too big. However, they then decided to give me and their other kids $100 each. So I only landed up paying sales tax - finally found one today at the fifth store I went to - Best Buy if anyone else is looking.

Thread Information