Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: new music

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    rr, first thing I listened to this morning. What a great song to start the day with. Thanks.

I'm glad you liked it, Happy. This is another favorite by them, and when I think about it, this one totally fits in with the Simple Living theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xOxHyTP91c

This was the first song I ever heard by them.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I'm glad you liked it, Happy. This is another favorite by them, and when I think about it, this one totally fits in with the Simple Living theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xOxHyTP91c

This was the first song I ever heard by them.
    They take back to my folk festival days.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Well, D... you guys.
    I am not going to get as much done as I should/need to today. I used to get more time to listen to the radio and used to listen to my ripped/mp3 music whenever I was on my computer. (just the stuff I owned, not everything I listen to, not enough money).
    I have a couple friends in the industry, but they are mostly either working for artists I don't know or whose style of music isn't something I listen to.
    Before Angie passed, we used to listen to music during work on Friday's, or try to remember artists, songs, etc. One of the last ones we were trying to come up with a song for every day of the week (example, I don't like Monday's, by the Boomtown Rats). When she came up with a song, and couldn't believe I had never heard it, but had been within a foot of the artist while talking with my friend that worked for them. Her husband asked me that story last week.
    So this thread made me think of some songs.

The song I first heard, when I let Youtube randomly play music based, that I wrote on her last note to me:
    Last edited by ToomuchStuff; 3-26-22 at 12:43pm. Reason: Corrected where I found

The song and video which made most of our employee's cry, when I showed it to them (this is the video Angie is in, they hadn't seen):

And Alan, and old song I haven't heard in a long time, that I thought you might like or know.
    https://youtu.be/BP3qGp_5Y_w Chris Rea, Road to Hell. (for making me wish I had a day to do nothing but this)

Billy Strings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFEZOjtrwls[/QUOTE]

Wow! So much talent!

TMS: I liked both of those, but especially the Michael Kiwanuka song.

I listen to pretty much anything, from opera to death metal and everything in between. My most recent discovery is raucous Slavic folk-rock.

First, a traditional Russian song by Otava Yo:

Next, a Slovakian band called Hrdza:

Quote Originally Posted by ewomack View Post
    Next, a Slovakian band called Hrdza:

OMG. That and the Otava Yo song were so fun! I love how the internet has made it so easy for anyone, anywhere in the world, to have access to everything else around the world. What charming videos. And so not American. Thank you for sharing them. I will have to follow these to see what else I can find!

As for my efforts to cultivate a rap channel on Pandora, I've succeeded. At least as far as getting Pandora to serve up lots of rap songs in a row. I've found that I can only listen to about an hour at a time. The problem is that most of it doesn't grab me musically the way NF did. But I hear the words flying past and get curious about that so I end up listening just from that standpoint, which isn't my normal way of getting roped into loving a song. And then I get bummed out because much of it is so dark and depressing lyrically, but I'm not getting the joy of a song I find delightful from a purely music standpoint. But I'll keep trying. Undoubtedly there are more rap artists than NF who are creating music that I will find enjoyable. I just need to find them or the specific songs they've done that will appeal to me aurally.

In the meantime I may have to see if Pandora has enough Slavic folk rock on it for me to cultivate a channel about that...

Thread Information