Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: new music

What fun videos!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

THANK you for sharing these, ewomack!!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yes, The Internet has made it very easy to find music that once, years ago now, would have taken a trip to another country to find.

On to Japan: I've followed Tsuji Ayano (つじあやの) for years now. She plays ukulele and doesn't utilize the typical histrionics of Japanese pop stars, though some may argue that she wouldn't qualify as a pop star. This song, which translates roughly to "Underneath the Sakura Trees" doesn't feature ukulele, but it's one of my favorite songs of hers.

And another one - this is the one she's "famous" for because it appeared at the end of a popular anime film

Nice stuff, Ewomack. I am a bit of a Japanophile--I particularly liked the Japanese music.

I'm blowing my cover a little, but here's one of my favorite songs that my son wrote and played for one of his albums.

https://camwill.bandcamp.com/track/chlorine
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

From Mexico, Lila Downs:

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post

I'm blowing my cover a little, but here's one of my favorite songs that my son wrote and played for one of his albums.

https://camwill.bandcamp.com/track/chlorine
    Thank you for sharing. I've always been a fan of anyone who can play a guitar and sing and that was very enjoyable. Honestly, as someone whose instrument is classical clarinet I've always been vaguely jealous of anyone that can do that.* Much more fun at parties or when trying to impress someone cute.

*even as far as classical music goes the clarinet is not particularly popular. When I was in college I used to do gigs with a friend that played flute. Typically we played stuff that had been transcribed from violin/viola duet to flute/clarinet. On more than one occasion the reaction people had when seeing us set up was along the lines of "Well, at least there's a flute. That will be nice."

He's good, Catherine!

Nice, catherine! Thanks so much for sharing.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

ok, so this isn't "new" by my earlier definition of new. But Macklamore is absolutely one of my favorite artists. Both because I love his music and because I love his attitude more generally. And this video is so completely over the top that I can't imagine ever getting tired of it. There's just SO MUCH going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGhoLcsr8GA

Thread Information