Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: new music

Okay---Here's an assignment for you kids. Listen to this particular recording; it's not new new; in fact it was recorded before mosta you kids were born--1972. But yeah--it is: "Don't Say You Don't Remember", sung by Beverly Bremer and accompanied by orchestra and band instruments and electric bass. But yeah---it's a Brill Building special, written by Estelle Miller and Helen Levitt. You know who they are, don't you? A very(xxx444) catchy pop ballad. Yup. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.

Okay---Then, listen to the recording of "Make Me Your Baby". as sung by Barbara Lewis waaay back in 1965. It's still NEW music, compared to Beethoven or whoever. But yeah--it's got sappy lyrics, written by a Roger Atkins, but the melody was composed by Helen Miller, tenant in the Brill Building. Yup. I've got some more, as soon as you get this one listened to. Yup. Barbara Lewis is a "3-hit wonder" if I may take the liberty of saying so. She had two other songs that got radio & tee-vee exposure, back in the day. "Baby I'm Yours" (Ha.)and also: "Hello Stranger", which also was covered in the 70's by Yvonne Elliman. Has electric bass & organ backup that energizes her music. You should listen to those, too.

Okay---Are any of you completing your assignments in my music appreciation course? Hopefully, you are devoting al of your time here chatting about gay non-issues. Otherwise, I'll have to give some of you kids a zero for each assignment and an "Incomplete" for the semester. Yup. How do you like that? Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee. Coming Up: Bobby Vinton.

Thread Information