Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am considering international travel this spriing and summer...

I am considering international travel this spriing and summer...

Anyone do any international travel during the past year of covid?
    I'd like to know your experiences.

I would prefer to travel somewhere that only requires vaccination -- no testing and no quarentine.

Right now, I am thinking Albania and Kosovo. But Latvia and Lithuiania sound good too, as do Slovenia and Slovakia.

Thoughts?

Think I would look for a place that has a "deal" now that meets the vaccination requirements rather than limit yourself. More bang for the buck as they say. Haven't been checking for any deals yet because I am not ready to go.... YLMV

My kids went to Poland in July for a month to see family and had no problems. They did have to test. I am going to Ireland in June with a friend for 11 days. We are taking a tour so the company will handle everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My kids went to Poland in July for a month to see family and had no problems. They did have to test. I am going to Ireland in June with a friend for 11 days. We are taking a tour so the company will handle everything.
    My concern with testing is that if I have bought tickets and reserved my air bnbs... then test poz a couple days before the trip, then I cannot go AND I will lose all the deposits and other stuff I paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    My concern with testing is that if I have bought tickets and reserved my air bnbs... then test poz a couple days before the trip, then I cannot go AND I will lose all the deposits and other stuff I paid.
    Most places are starting to include Covid in the travel insurance plans. Extra cost, but might be worth it.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Most places are starting to include Covid in the travel insurance plans. Extra cost, but might be worth it.
    I will get this type of travel insurance anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Anyone do any international travel during the past year of covid?
    I'd like to know your experiences.

I would prefer to travel somewhere that only requires vaccination -- no testing and no quarentine.

Right now, I am thinking Albania and Kosovo. But Latvia and Lithuiania sound good too, as do Slovenia and Slovakia.

Thoughts?
    Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia are the next place I am going in Europe. Just yesterday I was looking at 5 star hotels in Riga.Their prices are insane.$222 for 4 nights in May.

The Art Nouveau architecture in Latvia is spectacular. That what is drawing me in, that and the fact that my last vacation to former eastern block countries was so great. I like their weather and topography.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia are the next place I am going in Europe. Just yesterday I was looking at 5 star hotels in Riga.Their prices are insane.$222 for 4 nights in May.

The Art Nouveau architecture in Latvia is spectacular. That what is drawing me in, that and the fact that my last vacation to former eastern block countries was so great. I like their weather and topography.
    Maybe I'll see you there!

Oh I am not ready to go just yet. Still too much Covid out there for me.

i am pretty sure I will take a plane trip to New Mexico in April, though.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh I am not ready to go just yet. Still too much Covid out there for me.
    I thought you were a conservative... haha

Thread Information