Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wordle

My problem is that it is a quick little game and I always say "just one more" and an hour or two has slipped away before I realize!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    My problem is that it is a quick little game and I always say "just one more" and an hour or two has slipped away before I realize!
    Exactly why I didn't take the bait past the first try.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

That's why they were sensibly allocating people one wordle a day, but no, people got greedy, more wordles and wordle-like things, more more more ... This is why we can't have nice things.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    That's why they were sensibly allocating people one wordle a day, but no, people got greedy, more wordles and wordle-like things, more more more ... This is why we can't have nice things.
    Exactly. That's why I'm exerting self-control and waiting for daily Wordle. For the moment anyway.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I am trying to refrain myself and stick to the daily game.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

My daughter turned me onto another Wordle variant called Quordle, where you get 9 attempts to solve 4 different words. After just 3 daily puzzles, it has become my favorite.

Screenshot 2022-03-30 103532.jpg
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

One wordle a day is perfect. I only play on week days. I work for a couple hours and then take a break to make coffee in my french press. While it's steeping I play the day's wordle and then go get a cup of coffee and get back to work. Since it's on my work computer I can't share it to facebook or anywhere so it's truly just a thing for me. I've taken all six tries a few times but I've never not solved it. (knock on wood...)

I've continued playing daily for the past 148 days, it's become a part of my daily morning routine. Disappointed this morning that for the first time in 82 days I failed to win, I guess I'll have to begin a new streak tomorrow.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Too bad, Alan. Well, now you have a goal to beat!! Good luck!

Thread Information