Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best masks?

At the grocery store I all of a sudden noticed how many black masks people were wearing. I too like that idea because they don’t look dirty.

I still need masks that wrap around my head not my ears now because my ears aren’t big enough to hold masks in place.

We wear black KN95s from this company. They are quite comfortable and the prices are pretty reasonable.
    https://bonafidemasks.com/?omnisendC...ource=omnisend

Yppej
    The fact that people choose black to cover up all the dirt shows how disgusting and unsanitary masks are, not to mention all the sneezes, snot droplets, etc inside them.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    We wear black KN95s from this company. They are quite comfortable and the prices are pretty reasonable.
    https://bonafidemasks.com/?omnisendC...ource=omnisend
    I got a bunch of white ones from work. Free, so I'll take them. LOL. Did, however, get a black one from someone and I do like them. As has been said, can't see the dirt. lol
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Basic black seems more chic, somehow. But I wear my stretchy knit 2-ply black masks under cotton ones from Beau Ties of Vermont.

Personally I wear the black masks because the elastics on the blue ones are too easily ripped off. But more importantly I change my mask about as often as I change my underwear. If I'm just wearing it into the store for 15 minutes I'll reuse it several more times. If I'm wearing it for an extended period of time such as on a plane then I'll use a new one the next time I need one.

At work we have the flat-fold N95 masks but were recently tested on how airtight they are. Turns out, they're really not. The ones that are airtight aren't comfortable; they're the stiff rounded ones with the two rubber elastic bands that wrap behind your head. And depending on the shape of your face, you may need an additional mask to cover your chin.

The test involves wearing the mask while they spray an odorless liquid at you and you move your head around in that area. If it seeps in, it will make you cough. In my case, it did and I had to put on a blue droplet mask over my chin.

I suppose if we have an outbreak at work we'll all have to wear those airtight ones. Wearing the foldable N95s now is uncomfortable when we're basically rushing around all day at work; wearing the better ones will possible make me pass out, especially with my hot flashes added to the mix.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    And depending on the shape of your face, you may need an additional mask to cover your chin.

The test involves wearing the mask while they spray an odorless liquid at you and you move your head around in that area. If it seeps in, it will make you cough. In my case, it did and I had to put on a blue droplet mask over my chin. .
    Guys with big beards have major problems keeping a mask on and it's never an airtight fit, but they're not exempted because it's all about exercising authority not common sense.

Thread Information