Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Unexpected benefits of living through the pandemic era?

Extrovert “we are better!”
    introvert “why are you still here?”

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Extrovert “we are better!”
    introvert “why are you still here?”
    My chuckle for the day.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

This pandemic has been great for introverts like me.

An hour ago I finished a work related zoom wine tasting that was set up by an insurance broker for one of my insureds. They had had the winery send two bottles of wine (one white and one red) to each of the six underwriters for the various insurance companies for the insured. I didn't know any of the people on the call except the broker who I don't know well. It ended up being a lot of fun because the insured, the broker, me and 3 of the other 5 underwriters are all into wine (and obviously the winery's tasting room guy is into wine too) so we had an interesting and educational conversation about wine and I got to hear one of my insureds talk about something other than their computer network security for a change. It was the perfect event for a moderately introverted person such as myself. It took exactly an hour before the broker wrapped it up, the conversation was entirely group focused because it was zoom so I didn't have to make pointless small talk with any individual, and I didn't have to work up the energy to get dressed up, get an uber to the event, etc. I just brought the wine and wine glasses up to my office at the appointed time and clicked the zoom link while sitting there in shorts/slippers/t-shirt with sweater on top and when it was over I closed zoom, put the glasses in the dishwasher and went back to finish up my work email for the week.

And best of all I have the better part of two really nice bottles of wine left over!

That sounds like a perfect get-together, JP!

introverts unite.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    That sounds like a perfect get-together, JP!

introverts unite.jpg
    Love the logo and joint get-togther via zoom idea. I now recognize that is why I have enjoyed some reduced contact with a very few close friends and superficially with other dog walkers
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Jp, what a fun work event!

And should you imbibe a bit too much, you are already safe at home.

Love the trend, and also the "Unite!" poster.

Perfect! I love this zoom communication. I've been doing a drawing class and some Senior Center exercise classes. It's great, no driving, parking, bra, chit chat...

"...so I didn't have to make pointless small talk."

That in itself is golden--chit-chat is the human equivalent of monkey grooming, IMO.

Thread Information