Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For Me It's Revolutionary (WaFd Bank)

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Rob it is probably shitty insurance, and what is “identify theft” insurance anyway?
    I've looked into it and it doesn't seem (expletive) to me. And the cell insurance is better than what I have right now. But as I said, I do worry the monthly fee may be a teaser going up not too far off. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    gosh, buying real estate, getting married, running a landlord operation, holding down a semi-management job working big hours with no time for social warrior activities, accumulating $$$—geeze Alan, look where that leads us! Down the path of capitalist pigdom.

What is the world coming to.
    IL, you know what? I genuinely hope we meet someday. I wonder what our takes would be on each other in person ITRL? Rob

My take is that any person with control of their accounts and knowledge does not need it. It is insurance based on fear, like specialty cancer insurance.

Lock down your accounts, check your free credit reports, keep control of credit cards, do not give our SSNs or personal information, etc. and you have done a lot. Keep strong passwords on computers and change them.

Here is a good article. https://www.consumerreports.org/mone...rust-LifeLock/

I am inclined to agree with sweetana3, and would probably also recommend firebreaks in my system by minimizing autopay exposure or links between accounts wherever possible.

I do welcome and applaud Rob’s entry into the bourgeoisie. Well done. Glad to have you aboard.

In addition to sweetana's advice I would strongly recommend putting security freezes at the big three credit bureaus. This article is out of date insofar as they are now free in all 50 states, but is a good FAQ about them. And also a cautionary tale about what could happen if you don't do this. Admittedly none of us are the world's top journalist on the topic of hacking and data breaches so we aren't likely to be targeted the way Brian was, but it's still a good idea.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/06/...curity-freeze/

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    In addition to sweetana's advice I would strongly recommend putting security freezes at the big three credit bureaus. This article is out of date insofar as they are now free in all 50 states, but is a good FAQ about them. And also a cautionary tale about what could happen if you don't do this. Admittedly none of us are the world's top journalist on the topic of hacking and data breaches so we aren't likely to be targeted the way Brian was, but it's still a good idea.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/06/...curity-freeze/
    HI jp1. I actually am frozen with the three main credit bureaus. So why do I want this insurance? I have dealt with identity theft twice - once my info was breached and once SO's was. Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid but it was no fun rectifying things either time and I don't wish to ever deal with this again.
    The cell insurance was more practical - my reason here for wanting this is that the plan is cheaper and more comprehensive than what I have now. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I am inclined to agree with sweetana3, and would probably also recommend firebreaks in my system by minimizing autopay exposure or links between accounts wherever possible.

I do welcome and applaud Rob’s entry into the bourgeoisie. Well done. Glad to have you aboard.
    Seriously, have I entered the bourgeoisie? I'm still the same Rob, just with less time but more money. And even I'll admit that I am no longer poor - this does not mean I've done any 180's in socioeconomic beliefs and convictions. But yeah, it's a true gift not to live in constant fear of economic vulnerability, I'll admit that much. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Seriously, have I entered the bourgeoisie? I'm still the same Rob, just with less time but more money. And even I'll admit that I am no longer poor - this does not mean I've done any 180's in socioeconomic beliefs and convictions. But yeah, it's a true gift not to live in constant fear of economic vulnerability, I'll admit that much. Rob
    I don’t know, you’re checking a lot of bourgeois boxes. There may be golf clubs in your future.

The beauty of capitalism is that your beliefs and convictions are irrelevant as long as the checks clear. Let the poverty is purity crowd say what they like.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I don’t know, you’re checking a lot of bourgeois boxes. There may be golf clubs in your future.

The beauty of capitalism is that your beliefs and convictions are irrelevant as long as the checks clear. Let the poverty is purity crowd say what they like.
    Golf clubs? No can do on multiple levels. It would.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Golf clubs? No can do on multiple levels. It would.
    be inappropriate. Rob

Thread Information