Page 54 of 106 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Important Subjects

Okay---an update, to bring you current. T. Brown did not appear at the usual time, yesterday. I have security surveillance cameras, and he was nowhere to be seen.There has been however another brown tabby lurkiing around here for several months, now. Hadn't seen her in the last few days, but this morning the cam caught her checking the food dishes on the porch. She is VERY wary, thin, and always heads out back when she knows she's been spotted. So, yeah--this makes another open file on my "stray cats in the hood". Will keep you kids imnformed. Hope that helps you somew. Thankk Mee. Right now, I must continue to wage war on encroaching vegetation. Visualize: Me as Ukrainia(you kidses' favorite nation), and those giant Zurra Weeds as Russian invaders, if you will. Hope that helps you some.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I thought you started that club 40 years ago.
    What club are you referring to, Eddie? The Beverly Hills Supper Club? FYI, It burned down over 40 years ago. Yup. People got all dressed up, so's they could Drive-N-Eat & even see John Davidson, and the place caught fire due to aluminum wiring and quite possibly malfeasance. Hope that helps you some.

Okay---I forgot to update you on my newly-acquired shy cat that is indoors in the AC. She is slowly coming out of her shell, figuratively speaking. But, still hisses at me. But, not as much. Ha. Will keep you updated on this. Back to my regularly-scheduled program of YardWork! See---remember that 60's Tee-vee show drama called Combat! ? It was filmed in B&W and I didn't watch it much back then but most of the episodes are on youtube and it was really pretty good. The two lead actors now deceased were jewish, and so was the series' producer, just so you'll know. But, yeahj---it's set in WW2 after D-day in France. It is like the twighlight Zone series in that it is not only B&W, but also introduces actors who were early in their careers that later became familiar faces on other shows, though I can't recall specifics. I'm not that much of a Tee-Vee buff. Especially now, when everything that comes out of those illiberal newscasters' mouths is a lie or misinformation. Yup. Hope that helps you some. Anyway, I call my new Reality show YardWork! , just because it is just like that show Combat!, where I'm in a war zone, trying to conquer this vegetation that is occupying MY land. See?

Okay--here's the Murder Weapon. One o' them Big Trucks. Ban these Now. I'm sure you kids will agree. See--two Lesbians, who had supposedly been in a loving, caring relationship for over ten years, were brutally murdered when they were out partying for the evening(leaving the kids at home) and went through the driveup at a late-night fast food place, to quell the munchies, and then turned left at this interesection into the path of the truck (in the photo) driven by a Farm Boy who evidently also was out partying that evening. Approximately 12;30 AM Sunday morning, a few weeks ago.What else have been drivers been doing, at that time o' night? Be honest. Of course, the Confuse Media Dutifully conformed to the current trend in news casting, and placed the blame squarely on the Farm Boy, since he was obviously a Cons. and his Victims fit the liberal model--obviously. Surprising that it would play in Peoria that way!!!! After the farm boy was released from jail on the required overnight hold, he went home and committed suicide. Used a gun, too. Naturally, The Confuse Media graciously implied that it was justice served. Later on, His parents published a lengthy obituary to fill the void the gap that The Confuse Media left in the story, to attest to the good character of their lost son. At their own expense, of course. I bet the obit cost at least $1000. The Lesbians(as I'm sure they would choose to be remembered)had turned left from where that white pickup is stopped, into the path of the oncoming farm boys' vehicle, late at night, and had to be extricated using those nifty Jaws Of Death, like Lady Die. See? They were Martyred, doncha know. The questions not answered in the various "news" stories was: who had the right-of-way? and why did the Lesbian Driver(as emphasized by The Media) not see the Farm Boy's Truck, headed her and her loving partners' way, and not proceed? Nope. To the VERY professional and objective(Ha) News Media, it was all about, and may as well be headlined: "Drunken Farm Boy in Big Truck Murders Lesbian Couple In Cold Blood, then turns gun on himself to escape justice!"Yup. Thankk Mee.
    2022-06-29 (1).jpg2022-06-29 (2).jpg
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 6-29-22 at 9:31pm.

Okay---another current event and VERY important subject is the case of another overzealous callyfornya ideologue-in-high-places doing their very best to make Heterosexual-Men-gone-wrong pay for their misdeeds for all of eternity. The congressperson represents the cesspool of callyfornya that has a whole lot of unresolved social problems, even though there is an abundance of personal wealth and human capital in the region. Anyway, what happened was, 30 years ago, clear out east in Virginia, a career Naval officer took an interest in a blonde female navy underling nick-named "Bunny"(yup), even though both were already married. That's a military rule broken, right there. But according to media reports (which we know are not totally objective and accurate), she not only rejected his indecent proposals, but reported him to the higher-ups. As I say, the News reports are sketchy on details, and I haven't found any true-crime books written on the case, but apparently he was about halfway into his 20-years in the military, which would've made him eligible for retirement & pension benefits; potentially 40 years+ worth. But, the allegation evidently scotched that, and he was allowed to resign from the military and avoid consequences such as a court martial or whatever. He screwed up, and He paid the price. But, he did not have the common sense to just move on, and become an over-the-road trucker or insurance salesman or whatever, as a civilian. Nope. He made things into a total disaster by plotting, with an accomplice, an abduction, rape, and murder of Bunny, to avenge himself! Details are sketchy, but just two short years after her body was found rolled up in a carpet at his home, he found himself sitting in Virginias' Electric Chair. He had waived the lengthy appeals process, and had even made arrangements for his cremains to be interred in a niche in nearby Arlington National Cemetery; a veteran benefit for which he was eligible and received. Okay---fast forward almost 30 years, and now you have this fanatical callyfornya ideologue and respected maker of public policy--a person whom I suspect has serious psychological issues of their own, based on reading their online bio. Anyway, this legislator tacked on a last-minute rider on a budgetary bill, that was intended to require the VA to have this executed Navy Veterans' remains removed from the national cemetery, and returned to any surviving family members or disposed of. See? Yes, the guy definitely went over the top to avenge what he viewed as an injustice or whatever. Like I said, he definitely had issues, but no specifics were given about what went on, and what the actual facts were about "Bunny" reporting him for harrassment. Women don't just make things up, do they? Ask Judge Kavanaugh.Ha. But, yeah---the guy took his vendetta too far by acting upon it the way he did, and he willingly paid the penalty. He didn't deny his crime, but tried to justify it at trial, and after his conviction,he evidently didn't want to sit in prison for years, hoping for a more favorable outcome. But, anyway---my littlebitty point is that I seriously believe that that Californya Congressperson is more than a bit "touched", too, by pursuing this special legislation to further punish someone who is 3 decades in their grave! Just way over the top. She needs to tend to her knittin', and address the needs of her constituents, not grind emotional axes--like the executed guy did! . But, you know what? We don't see any objections from other pols thus far, because I'll bet no one wants to risk the wrath of these vengeful leftist wackos! I think you kids know just how they are---it has become commonplace. See? Hope that helps you some. Thankk mee for contributing another sad and bizarre story to the forum.
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 6-30-22 at 7:00pm.

I would rather talk about cats. I understand that it's a pretty common scenario for an enterprising feline to make the rounds impersonating a hungry stray and score extra meals from kindhearted humans. Our cats don't go out, but Ray will frequently tell my DH that mom didn't feed him and he's about to perish from starvation, so DH ends up feeding him a second meal.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I would rather talk about cats. I understand that it's a pretty common scenario for an enterprising feline to make the rounds impersonating a hungry stray and score extra meals from kindhearted humans. Our cats don't go out, but Ray will frequently tell my DH that mom didn't feed him and he's about to perish from starvation, so DH ends up feeding him a second meal.
    In my childhood household it was often stated that the cats lie about being fed, including Dr. Pinky who was quite intelligent but not entirely ethical.

This Update---okay T Brown appeared out o' nowhere yesterday evening at about 7:30 PM, and came right up on the front steps. See--a few months ago, he was very wary and that's prolly a good thing. So, being the bleeding heart that I am, I fostered his dependency by cracking op a can o' yum-yums--a whole can--while MY catts were indoors, thinking they could use some yum-yums about then. See? It's like some scatterbrained career pol out in callyfornya who cares more about illegals and ukrainia, than they do their own country, and the ones that built it! See? I figure i'm just virtue-signaling by feeding "stray" cats, when there are issues that would really matter---like taking the huskees to the park, more often. But, yeah--Brown extended his visit awhile, and then ambled over to my car---mu 15-year-old-economy car that I got at the wreckin' yard 5 years ago and completely refurbished, and jumped up on the hood and lay there and then went up on the roof. Okay, now---here's a precedent---I called out to brown, and he jumped down off the car and instead of nonchalantly wandering away off the propertry, he headed back over to me, and hung out for awhile. Then, he left again, and just as he reached the lane, I called out to the cat, and guess what? Instead of ignoring littlebittymee, he turned around and made an encore visit. The cat likes to nip at you playfully to express his appreciation for the yummy cat food, too. He finally headed out again, the same direction he was going when he made his encore. But, yeah---it is very possible that the animal is a double-dipper and a cat polygamist. Yes, I do have ethical and financial concerns about the practice of feeding a cat that does in fact have human caregivers, elsewhere. Like I said, cat ignored his food the other day, and did not appear the next day. Hope that helps you some. Thank Mee.

Okay--tell ya what---think I'm gonna start up a discussion of another very important subject, that being Row Vs Wade. On a hot summer day, which would you rather do, down by the river? Row, or Wade?

Okay---With the input from several o' you kids, I may conclude that some cats tend to travel around the 'hood, and look for more food, just for something to do, even though they are receiving adequate nourishment at their home! Yup.. For my littlebitty POV, this might be comparable to Those People up in Iwah, who travel from one village in the middle o' nowhere, to another village, to "try out" the yummy, large portions of MEAT at the converted-storefront restaurant that they heard about from one of their associates. They usually have a large, comfterbal late-model( if not brand-new) vehicle, and rack up upwards of 20k miles per year, seeking food to supplement their already rich diet. This is VERY commonplace, and of course I track various case studies. So, it's not just something I made up, to offend you kids.. Nope. But yeah---last night, righht on time, T Brown appeared out o' nowhere, and I gave him a handfull of yummy crunchies, topped by just one half a can of yummy cat food. Thwen, went in and gave the rest of the can of food to my fat old ladies(cats). Yup. He ate partway down into the crunchies, and made his exit back to wherever he lives. There is a regular patron of that fancy-schmancy place upstate, who just loves the yummy $40 steak. But, I was thinking that if I were to forgo that kind of extravagance, could I justify giving a stray cat a littlebitty handout several times a week, as a substitute? I do enjoy having cat visitors. Just wondering.

Thread Information