Page 84 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Important Subjects

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I was also in 6th grade, bobby. I was in Sister Perpetua's class when Mother Ellen Marie came into our classroom and told us the news that the President had been shot. Donna O'Brien put her head on the desk and started crying. The rest of us were just speechless.

I happened to be in Dallas on business on November 22 several years ago, and I mentioned something about, wow, I'm in Dallas on this momentous day to the young market research attendant. She didn't know what I meant.
    Yes, it was a very, very sad day. I have visited Dealy Plaza, though I didn't travel to Dallas just for that reason. But yeah---it is smaller than it looks. Also, I've read extensively on the Assassination. Another thing that was kinda bizarre in the chain of events was that Kennedy was murdered on Friday afternoon, and in his grave on the following Monday. It's strange, compared to all the protracted hoopla following the deaths of other dignitaries, since then.

Okay---this is good--- i've been planning on going to the paint store to have a quart of auto paint custom-mixed for a repair job. But yeah---that stuff is expensive, and its also gone up in price, like everything else. But guess what--I was rummaging around in a cabinet in my backyard cottage, and found an unopened quart I bought and had not used. Well, that is good, real good. Yup.

Okay----Mauna Loa had another eruption! Potentially deadly lava is flowing freely from the peak! Something MUST be done! Laws must be passed, and money MUST be spent. Freedoms MUST be sharply curtailed! As we speak, activists are forming up a plan of action, that is suree to cause a reaction! Yup. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.

Okay---it warmed up a suitable amount, sio I could use aerosols to prime, edge and ubndercoat the inside of the fenders I'm using on my monster 'Burban Project. See--I changed out the u joints and ball joints and e-brakes and brakes on this one, just for good measure. Brake hoses, too. All that would cost at least $4,967.42, at your official authorized dealership. But yeah--the front fenders are some old used ones that I've had sitting around for 20 years. See---I got them in a trade where I got screwed, so by god---I'm gonna make up for my losses! Yes, I coulda bought nice new ones---for $700. Yup. But,. I took these gnarly ones and am making them usable. Also, some taiwan inner fenders that have been sitting awhile. Like money in the bank. So they're a step forward in refurbishing my 'Burban. Yup.

Okay----Cave Crickets. There is usually a cave cricket in my bathtub, this time of year. There's no point in trying to eradicate them, as they are harmless. I don't have dozens of them, scurrying around and getting into everything. They are pretty benign, so we coexist. But yeah---when I want to use the tub/shower, I haveta catch the cave cricket in a plastic jar, and keep it contained until I'm through, then release it so it can go on with its day. Yup. Hope that helps you some. Thankk mee,. See photo.2022-11-29 (8).jpg

I am very fond of crickets. I had two end up in my house this summer, and boy were they loud in my little house in the middle of the night! I managed to catch and release both of them. This was pretty lucky since one of them was very tiny!

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay----Cave Crickets. There is usually a cave cricket in my bathtub, this time of year. There's no point in trying to eradicate them, as they are harmless. I don't have dozens of them, scurrying around and getting into everything. They are pretty benign, so we coexist. But yeah---when I want to use the tub/shower, I haveta catch the cave cricket in a plastic jar, and keep it contained until I'm through, then release it so it can go on with its day. Yup. Hope that helps you some. Thankk mee,. See photo.2022-11-29 (8).jpg
    Crickets are nature’s indoor cat toys. They are not a harmful insect to have in our house and the cats love ‘em because they leap and skitter.

Okay---It's nice that you kidds appreciate crickets. Mabye I could form up The Cave Cricket Conservation Club of America, and collect donations for a Save the Endangered Cave Cricket Fund. But see--CAVE Crickets are not really crickets! Nope. They are in a category all by themselves. Sometimes they are referred to as: Spider Crickets. But yeah---Cave Crickets are so benign that they don't even chirp. I have to keep my friendly feral kitten from the bathroom, because I know she'd torment the Cricket. Yup. Hope thatt helps you some.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Okay---You kids know how I am interested in Bad News. It's on account of my perfesser, Ms Gory Dorothea. But yeah---the Bad News for the day is that we lost Christine McVie, of Fleetwood Mac. Yup. She was 79, and when you do the math, 40+ years ago, she was already well into her 30's. Plus, according to the Stevie Nicks bio, the band partied hearty, back in the day. So, to refresh your memory, she sang on "Over My Head", and other of their songs. Hope that didn't wreck your day. Thank Mee.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay---You kids know how I am interested in Bad News. It's on account of my perfesser, Ms Gory Dorothea. But yeah---the Bad News for the day is that we lost Christine McVie, of Fleetwood Mac. Yup. She was 79, and when you do the math, 40+ years ago, she was already well into her 30's. Plus, according to the Stevie Nicks bio, the band partied hearty, back in the day. So, to refresh your memory, she sang on "Over My Head", and other of their songs. Hope that didn't wreck your day. Thank Mee.
    I was in the bank today when the headline “Rock icon dies at age 79 “ Flashed on my phone and all I could think of was oh dear God is it Mick Jagger? A second later I thought is it Steven Tyler? OK that’s fine I can take that. But yes while I was sitting there talking to the bank person I had to look up to see who died, and it was Christine McVie.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-1-22 at 6:57pm.

Thread Information