Page 53 of 108 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Important Subjects

So the standards are set up to regulate specific perpetrators. I can see that there may be different methods by different perpetrators - bullies, trolls and/or stalkers, but I also see where the lines for each can be crossed and merge within each other. More importantly, I wonder how different the victims feel about being the recipients of any of these.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Okay---Before you kids go jumping to conclusions and saying "oh, looky---lbb is baaack!" , I want to make it clear that I am not "back", I am simply stopping by to tie up a few loose ends on some VERY important subjects. There are footnotes in any good non-fiction book, don't you know ? So, yeah--I've got some factoids to share on VERY important subjects. Up[ in that VERY insignificant littlebiutty town way up in the middle o' nowhere, in the state I now refer to as "Little Texas", where they do everything they do in a VERY grandiose way, they do tend to jump to conclusions and using the colloquilism "get their panties in a wad" about things which challenge their processes around there. More on that later. I neglected to let you know that during the last few years, we lost some of the cast of characters in the JFK Assassination. I won't explain just who they are; you can do your homework and look them up. I will just identify them. We lost Jim Levelle; we lost Michael Paine, and Robert Oswald, and we lost Pricilla McMillan Johnson. Her book is the first book I purchased online, through Alibris, after they just formed up. But, yeah--it's a good book, and I had checked it out at the lirrrrarrry, read it and took irt back and several years later, bought my own copy to re-read. It is a big thick book which you could use as a doorstop, but it reads like some fiction spellbinder, so good is it. I get my wires crossed, some times(as genius has its' limits), but it is titled "Lee and Marina" or is it: "Marina and Lee"? And, the authors name might be Pricilla Johnson McMillan. Ha. But, yah. Check it out., Robert Oswald had been in the news, within the last 10 years before his demise, RE: his legal battle with the mortician who kept Lee Oswalds coffin in storage for decades after he was exhumed in 1981 to be examined to ascertain his identity(the mastoid operation on his skull was the key evidence)and he was reburied in a nice new coffin. Well, after the mortician put the old casket up for sale a decade or so ago, Robert O. sued successfully to reclaim it. It has been bid up to at least $80,000, but Oswald said he wanted the coffin in order to have it destroyed, and not kept as a collectible. Imagine that. Yup. Hope that helps you some. There's other footnotes, but I'll leave you with one other VERY interesting factoid, for now. I've been listening rtoi some classic one or two or three hit wonders of the 1960's, lately. Nooo, these are not Bob Dylan or summa these people still touring the country at age 80, selling $200 tickets in a converted Hockey arena with 10,000 other fools. Thewse are one(or two or three)hit wonders who stay comfy at their retirement villas in Fla or Ca or Connetttycut, living off song royalties for their one hit. They've had their fame, and called it good. Some of them are dearly departed, as well. Anyway---here's the factoid. I was listening to two recordings of a song that was recorded in a stuidio, using VERY complex techniques--dubbing of session musicians who played a short phrase that made the song famous and so on, but the main thing is that these two songs were produced first using the vocal track of one entity, then for one reason or another, remixed, using the vocals of another artist. Same music, different singer. See? One of them you can hear, where much later on, a clever person mixed it so that two of the singers were on the same recording. See? Back in the day, most songs aimed at youth were about teen angst and lost or found romance. But, I pay no attention to ltyrics; only the souind. See? Anyway, you have "it hurts to be in love", which was supposed to be a release by Neil Sedaka, but due to business being business, they dubbed Gene Pitneys' voice in, instead, and it became a big, big hit. Pitney was an American, but every bit as acclaimed in England, at the time. Anyway, on youtube, you can hear a "duet" of the recording, with the the vocal tracks of both singers dubbed in. And then--there's California Dreaming" by the Mamas and the Papas. Yes, John & Michelle wrote it, but the song was recorded first with Barry McGuire singing! Yup. Well, then the record company dubbed in The Mamsa & Papas, took the Barry track out, and the rest is history. See? They say you can actually hear Barry a very little bitty bit, on the M& P version! Yup. Hope that helps you some. Thanjkk Mee./

Okay---Yesterday, I spent some time while it was VERY hot outside, indoors in the AC, updating and recalibrating my outer-space contact units. It took awhile, but it is done. New software and so on. The units, which I call "Medallions" are the essential part of being able to participate in online tracking of my movements. See---as I might've said before, it is also possible for me to follow every one of you people on Strava. And, it is possible for you to follow me, as well! (Cue Twilight Zone theme). Yes, I know it sounds VERY creeee-peee. But, that's the age of technology we now live in. You are never completely alone at all times. See?

Hi LBB, nice to see you stop by and hope the furry family is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Hi LBB, nice to see you stop by and hope the furry family is doing well.
    Thank You, Thank You very much, RR. My furry friends have been fine, except for one issue in particular. I also had someone donate a cat to me, that is a case of being semi-feral. He/She has been sitting in a cat carrier inside an extra-large (plastic)dog crate, since thursday. The cat carrier is open, and there's food & water& litter in the dog crate. But cat is so shy that he hisses and growls when I check on him/her. Now, the donor says the cat will become tame, once it gets to know you. Yup. Also, there is a large mature neutered Brown Tabby that frequents my doorstep to look for handouts, but I haven't seen him in the last two days. He was sitting in the cats bed, and when I opened a can for the two old girls, he showed some interest, but did not eat. But see, it was over 90 degrees out and humid. I'm thinking IU might look into summa those gps pet trackers for around $30. They attach to the collar, and evidently show where your cat has been disappearing to. Kind of like having your bike medallion connected to outer space. Which brings to mind a story that you kids will find VERY amusing and entertaining. You will tsk tsk with glee. What happened was, it was very cool yesterday compared to the previous sweltering days, and I hopped on my classic, self-powered 1987 Trek 1000 for a quick ride to the suburban village 8 miles away Pop.6300 and NO stinkin' mOO-vEE theater, private or non-profit. Ha. They have better things to do. Yup. Anyway, I was in a hurry to get going and try out the new used weelz I just put on the bike. About 2-3 miles out, I noticed that I was experienced undue amounts of fatique, already. Hm. I stopped to cross the 4-lane and noticed the back weel was hard to turn! No wonder--the tire was rubbing on the reflector bracket. So, I readjusted the weel, and continued on. Much, drastically better. But at just over 5 miles out, my rear tyre went flat, and guess what? I had left my spare pack containing tubes, tools & CO2 cartridges back at the ranch, on the table. So, I did not panic---just recited my mantra--"Genius Has Its' Limits.......", and turned around and walked the bike back home. Yep. Afterward, I went to the dystopian retailer, Wally system, AKA "BareWallsMart" or; "A Taste of Moscow", to get a tube repair kit, and they actually had them in stock! I also picked up the last bag o' the large economy-sized dry catt food they had on the shelf--a 35-pounder. The catts really like that flavor. I had to gain permission from the retailer to make my purchase. Anyway, the cause of the flat in the BRAND NEW TUBE was a tiny pin hole evidently caused by the rim strip not entirely covering one of the spoke access holes in the inner rim. See--I'm not going to discard a new, $7 tube, when I can fix it with a patch! I sure hope, anyway. Wish me luckk. But, I WILL be carrying my emergency kit, next time out. Hope that helps you kids some. Thankk Mee.

So you would put the GPS tracker on the Brown Tabby?

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    So you would put the GPS tracker on the Brown Tabby?
    I'm glad you axed me that quession, RR. Yes, I would be strongly inclined to do so. I've considered purchasing some elastic and snap fasteners from the fabric department at WallyHole, to make some cat collars, and using a marker to write a message on the collar, for the purpose of finding out if the cat has a home or letting people know that the cat wearing the collar does have a home. See--a nagging question is the concise, accurate definition of the popularly-used word "stray". It to me seems like a generic, catch-all word that is used to describe the feral or semi-feral(due to abandonment) or the abandoned pet or the pet that has inadvertently gotten lost or simply the cat from down the street who has a large territory to patrol. So yeah--that word "stray" is ambiguous and overused. Last evening, about 730, T. Brown was casually lounging out in my driveway, waiting for me to open a can o' cat yummies for the old girls, so he could join them. I placed his portion separate but near the girls, and they had dinner together. When the old girls got near his portion, he gracefully swatted themn away. I sat out there, having my water, and gave Brown a pat. After he'd finished his canned food, he conveyed the message that he could use some more o' that, but since I was all out o' canned, I got him some dry crunchies, but he just sniffed at them, sat for a minute, then wandered off casually. He makes his exit in several diffenrent directions--East, West, South, and sometimes North. So, yeah--I have no clue--only theories, about who "owns" this cat, or if he has a real home. He's in good condition, looks well-fed but not overweight(no wonder, given given his wandering around) and I even put a drop of Revolution on him and some ivermectin/paraquantel in his canned food last week,which he refused to eat. He ambles around at a slow pace, but I have seen him scramble at a fast pace, before. No way am I going to try and confine him or even pick the cat up; that would be tantamount to catnapping someones' pet, a taboo. But, yeah--I think it's a legitimate issue for me to know if he actually has a home base with humans that claim him and can give him the basics--food, water, shelter, medical care. Plus, a minimum of cat attention. He's a rugged looking kittyboy, and he knows it. I'd really hate to see him end up in the custody of animal control, or worse. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee. Next: My Home-made mEBike.

Okay--just to fulfill my need to belong(Ha), I joined a F-Book Group named "Hermit Batchelor Cat Club", or something like that. Have you kids ever heard of it? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay--just to fulfill my need to belong(Ha), I joined a F-Book Group named "Hermit Batchelor Cat Club", or something like that. Have you kids ever heard of it? Just curious.
    I thought you started that club 40 years ago.

Okay--here's a VERY fascinating anecdote: If you kids recall, I went to that "Friends O' The Liberry" book sale at the fairgrounds, which usually has redneck events such as monster truck exhibitiions, livestock shows, Gun Shows, and of course Swap Meets for parts and old, junk cars. Eyesores that lower property values, as everyone knows. Anyway, I purchased 4 books, and being that it is summewrtime, I am making slow proigress on them. Okay, here's my point---two of the books were priced at $4; one book at $5; and the other at $3. All prices written in pencil, with very similar handwriting. But yeah---One book was titled as-if it were about JFK, another as-if it were about General Patton. The third is definitely about Jimmah Cahtah, and the 4th is about Adolf Hitler. So, guess the prices? Ha. Times up. The JFK & Patton books were $4, and part of a series published by Bill O'reilly. You can buy them new online or at WallyHell for about $6! The Hitler book was the $5 book, and the Cahtah book was $3. Isn't that _______?(whatever). I'll let you kids be the judge. But yeah, I'm about halfway through the Patton book, though it's not so much about Patton but the last 6 months of the war in Europe on the Western Front. It is interesting though. Hope that helps you some.
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 6-29-22 at 11:02am.

Thread Information